New job F&B Director in Utah
Company : Amangiri Resort
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Utah
Meticulously designed to frame their natural settings, Aman destinations are renowned for space and privacy. Each welcomes guests as if to the home of a close friend, instilling a sense of peace and belonging amid some of the most diverse natural and historical landscapes. It is an approach that has changed little since 1988 when the first retreat was built on Phuket’s west coast. It was named Amanpuri, meaning ‘place of peace’, and Aman was born. Today, embracing 33 resorts, hotels, and private residences in 21 countries, Aman continues to seek out transformative experiences and awe-inspiring locations around the world.
Amangiri, Sanskrit for Peaceful Mountain, is cradled by the greatest concentration of national parks in the U.S.; a staggering landscape of canyons, mesas, mountains, gorges, rapids and desert. We provide opportunities for guests to explore the area by land, air or water. Hiking, horseback riding and via ferrata crossings are available for every level of ability. Guests can enjoy the glassy waters of Lake Powell through kayaking and an aerial view of the Utah Desert from the basket of a hot air balloon. The Spa at Amangiri integrates the healing traditions of the Navajo into the various spa treatments. Each treatment draws on the four elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Our Food and Beverage team blends the traditional culinary culture of the Southwest with the modern dining experience. Guests at Amangiri enjoy dishes inspired by Native American Cuisine while taking in the sunrise or sunset from the floor to ceiling windows. Opened in July of 2020, Camp Sarika seems truly set apart from the rest of the world. Here, guests enjoy the true connection to nature. Surrounded by canyons and mesas, the wilderness encampment combines the simplicity and solitude of the desert with the thrill of exploration and adventure.
LOCATION - This role is based at our Amangiri property located at Canyon Point, Utah (near Page, Arizona). Candidates must be interested in relocating to the very remote area of Southern Utah/Northern Arizona.
THE POSITION - The F&B Director is responsible for all areas serving F&B including but not limited to Main Dining Room, Camp Sarika, Private Dining, Desert Lounge, Picnics, Special Events, Wine Cellar, etc. Position includes comprehensive benefits package (Employee coverage is approximately $35/month), dependent coverage available, complimentary daily meal, and worldwide travel benefits. Candidates must be interested in relocating to and living in a very remote region of Southern Utah/Northern Arizona.
**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO POSSESS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. THOSE REQUIRING A WORK VISA WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To ensure excellence in service and product in all aspects of Wine, Food & Beverage.
- Establish the Departmental Annual Operating Budget in advance for approval by General Manager and Financial Controller.
- Ensure that the Departmental Operations Budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled.
- Attend meetings and briefings with other Department Heads as determined by the General Manager.
- Ensure that all departmental reports and correspondence are completed punctually and accurately.
- Develop Food & Beverage policies as needed.
- Ensure all employees report for work punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the resort’s Employee Handbook.
- Interview and subsequent selection of potential employees in liaison with the Human Resources Manager and General Manager.
- Conduct employee evaluations and review their general performance, discuss existing performance and areas of improvement.
- Conduct Departmental Orientation Programs for new employees to ensure they understand the policies and operations of the resort.
- Ensure that all staff provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Counsel staff members for any breaches of conduct and observe policies when issuing formal disciplinary notice.
- Constantly review and appraise the procedures with the department to ensure quality of service and product at all times.
- Monitor the staff skills within the department and plan training programs to rectify any service deficiencies.
- Conduct regular briefings with the department staff ensuring good communications at all times.
- Ensure that overtime within the department is minimized and authorized when needed.
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible.
- Ensure monthly stock take is taken for all operating equipment in all stores and outlets.
- Ensure accurate record is kept of all breakages and loss and operating equipment.
- Maintain close liaison with restaurant reservations to ensure a good balance of houseguests and external guests.
- Encourage strong communication between the restaurant team and kitchen brigade.
- Liaise with Group Organizers in regard to any special requests for catering to private or group functions.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure all special events, groups, and other on and off-site banqueting requirements are met with high standards of organization and service.
- Liaise and organize meals with Executive Chef for special dietary requests.
- Ensure minimal wastage of food and beverage inventory.
- Ensure that the cleanliness and tidiness of the restaurant is maintained.
- Review composition of Wine and Beverage list periodically and include new items accordingly.
- Maximize opportunities to increase revenue through up-selling by staff.
- Develop the F&B Service staff and ensure that the team is multi-skilled to support guests in all areas within the resort as required.
- Ensure the operation is consistent with the Amangiri Food Program.
- Any other duties as directed by the General Manager.
- Minimum of five years previous F&B management experience required, preferably in a luxury setting.
- Must possess multi-outlet and banqueting experience.
- Proficient with computer programs to include Micros, Microsoft Office, Opera, etc. Must be able to learn specialized reservations and other programs.
- Manages all staff in the dining room to include Restaurant Managers, F&B Coordinator, F&B Supervisors, Head Servers, Servers, and Back servers. Total staff of approximately 55.
This position is extremely physical in nature. Employee must expect the following for sustained periods during each work shift:
- Sustained standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting of potentially heavy loads, sitting, twisting, etc.
- Working indoors and outdoors, in various climates including extreme heat, cold, rain, and snow.
At Aman we live by a strong set of values. We INVEST IN INDIVIDUALITY by fostering an environment where each person can push boundaries, take risks and challenge norms. Aman encourages everyone to NURTURE THEIR PATHFINDER SPIRIT by exploring opportunities, locations and transform new exciting ventures while ACTING LIKE OWNERS and taking pride in their work. We CELEBRATE COMMUNITIES ensuring that every member of our community is looked after and nurtured in a compassionate, respectful and a collaborative manner to create an uncomplicated sense of belonging. If this sounds like you and you share our values, then you may find that your natural home lies with Aman. Talk to us about aligning your passion with our opportunities.