New job Estimator in West Virginia
Company : CRH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Virginia
Job ID: 279202
West Virginia Paving, Inc., a CRH company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. West Virginia Paving, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Privately owned and operated until joining the CRH family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
The Estimator prepares bids for public and private construction work, follows up and/or sells these projects and manages all aspects of successful bids and projects. He/she communicates directly with contractors concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. He/she prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. The Estimator must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. He/she relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. He/she performs a variety of tasks and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Provides estimating costing and submission of bids on all projects (i.e. public/private) as directed by the Company President. This involves thorough review of bid documents, collection of subcontractor prices and prompt submission of the bid.
- Coordination of bid evaluations should be based on review with the Company President. Bids should be cost evaluated to previous type of work, production rates, labor productivity, and previous bid history.
On successful bids, the project manager should prepare and submit all contract documents and insure they are properly executed. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Subcontracts and sub-contractor coordination.
- Project schedules, material requests and approvals.
- Coordinate project specific training, safety and EEOC compliance.
- Pre-construction conferences with the Production Department and/or owner.
- Coordination with Branch Managers, superintendents, and contract administrators.
- Preparation/approval of monthly pay estimates from owner and sub-contractors. Accuracy of pay estimates.
- Assure accuracy of sub-contractor submittals and coordination of work.
- Coordination with owners on timing of work and proper completion.
- Negotiate all contract change orders in writing prior to the work being accomplished
- Respond timely to all owner and sub-contractor correspondence
- Monitor job costs with Operation Department.
- Assure compliance with project specifications, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned by company President
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- College or technical education preferred
- Three years previous experience in bidding, estimating, project coordination, or field management preferred. College Graduate in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field will be considered in place of experience.
- Experience with supervisory skills, production, safety and operation
- Proficient with Windows based computerized systems
- Must possess strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
West Virginia Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.