New job Emergency Dialysis Fellow in Texas
Emergency Dialysis Fellow
Company : Parkland Health and Hospital System
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Texas
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Under the supervision of the Nephrology staff, the fellow physician will provide care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease requiring emergency dialysis after normal business hours. Duties performed must not interfere with primary fellowship training.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy.
- Must meet the qualifications for post-graduate year (PGY) 4 or higher as outlined in the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Must be in fellowship training and in good standing with the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Nephrology Fellowship Training Program. Certification/Registration/Licensure
- Must have one of the following within 14 days of placement in job
- Must be currently licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Texas or
- Hold a Physician in Training Permit by the Texas Medical Board
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal, and oral communication skills to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a resource to the community.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
- Must be competent in the evaluation and management of chronic kidney disease and disorders of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base regulation.
- Must be competent in the performance of the following procedures: acute and chronic hemodialysis and placement of temporary vascular access for hemodialysis.
1. Under the supervision of an appropriately privileged attending nephrologist, provides emergency dialysis therapy and/or temporary dialysis access placement in patients with End Stage Renal Disease who present to the Emergency Room after normal business hours. This may include patients who are confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 infection.
2. Records health history, findings, treatment and recommendations accurately, clearly and consistently in the Medical Record.
3. Attends or completes all required training programs as specified by the Program Director, Medical Education Committee and Medical Executive Committee.
4. Educates and acts as a resource person for patients/families for proper self-management, follow-up and compliance with established treatment.
5. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of medicine and healthcare for the assigned patient population by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and maintaining licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
6. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for areas assigned. Modifies approach, communication and interaction to take account of sensory impairments and specific needs of all customers, in particular older adults. Recommends appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and PHHS.
7. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines, that impact medicine and healthcare. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.