New job Distribution Center Associate up to $20.30/hr in Illinois
Distribution Center Associate up to $20.30/hr
Company : Grainger
Salary : Up to $20.30 an hour
Location : Illinois
Why Work At Grainger?
We hear it a lot... from customers, suppliers, non-profit organizations, team members, even strangers: Grainger's a great company. We like to think that's because WE TREAT PEOPLE WELL—with respect inside and outside the company. At the heart of it, we are a relationship business. We know that only by acting with integrity, working as a team and doing more than what's expected, we will be an even better company tomorrow.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on your first day - Day 1!
- W.W. Grainger 401(k) Retirement Plan!
- Parental Leave; Paid Time off; Employee discounts, holiday and overtime pay; Employee Stock Purchase Program, Employee recognition events and many more!
Shift Start Times:
7:30 AM and 7:45 AM start time
7:00PM and 8:00PM start time
Hourly Pay Rate:
Starting up to $20.30/hr plus $1.20 step rate within the first 12 months.
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes with a distribution center
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
- Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
- Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing Grainger’s quality system.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
- Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance requirements, including overtime as required.
- Able to do continuous lifting up to 75 pounds and be able to operate warehouse vehicles and material handling equipment.
- Operate PIE as required. PIE equipment could include Crown, Pacer, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Barrett and Turret Truck.
- Must be able to work at various elevated stations throughout the DC.
- Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 6-12 months warehouse or related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Environment: This position reports directly to a Distribution Center Supervisor and/or Process Manager, and has regular interaction with other associates.
Impact: The efficiency and effectiveness of this position directly impacts customer satisfaction and profitability. Position must operate in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Materials guidelines.-