New job Department of State Aide 6-E8 - St Johns #270 in Michigan
Department of State Aide 6-E8 - St Johns #270
Company : State of Michigan
Salary : $2,938 - $4,051 a month
Location : Michigan
POSITION DUTIES - The Department of State Aide will service customers by reviewing requests, eligibility, and application requirements; processing transactions; educating customers on services and alternative methods; and working with a sense of purpose, urgency, and accuracy for Michigan citizens. Review additional information about the position's responsibilities here: Position Description Dos Aide 6-E8 (Download PDF reader)
WORK SCHEDULE - As a Full-Time position, the incumbent(s) will work a varied schedule of 40+ hours per week. Occasional travel may be required for relief assignments at other branch offices. To be considered for these positions, please be advised that you must be available to work any of the following days/hours during your appointment:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Note: Employees may be required to work on Saturday's, in accordance with contractual agreements
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
6 Level - No specific type or amount is required.
7 Level - One year of experience equivalent to a Department of State Aide 6.
E8 Level - Two years of experience equivalent to a Department of State Aide, including one year equivalent to a Department State Aide 7.
Civil Service Commission Rule 2-7 requires that all newly hired state employees submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test prior to their actual appointment. Due to the nature of work of the Department of State, criminal and driving records will be checked. Any position offer will be conditional until results of the criminal background record checks indicate eligibility for employment.
SECCHDPOS: Position requires incumbent to be a United States Citizen and pass a thorough background investigation to comply with Public Act 7 of 2008, Public Act 23 of 2008, and the Memorandum of Agreement between the State of Michigan and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Original certified birth certificate issued by a government unit in the U.S. or U.S. territory
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport
- Certificate of Citizenship (N-560, or N-561)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N-550, N-570 or N-578)
- Note: Photo identification must be provided. The current legal name and date of birth on the citizenship and identity documents should match. Spelling needs to match exactly. Date of birth needs to be an exact match. If the current legal name is different from the name on the birth certificate, the employee must show legal proof of the name change (i.e. original marriage license, divorce decree or court order).
View the job specification at:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DepartmentofStateAide_12503_7.pdf (Download PDF reader)