New job Associate Director, Private Investments Business Development in California
Associate Director, Private Investments Business Development
Company : Cambridge Associates LLC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : California
We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team.
CA is strategically committed to continuing to grow its institutional discretionary and non-discretionary private investment portfolio management business. In this position, the Associate Director will play a critical role in helping the firm achieve its private investment business objectives by supporting the Head of Private Investments Business Development and the Head of Global Private Investments. The Associate Director will work cross-functionally with various departments across the firm including Global Private Investments, all client practices (Endowments & Foundations, Pensions, and Private Clients), Fund Solutions, Legal & Compliance, and Enterprise Data to name a few. This position requires strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Construct and maintain a cross-practice pipeline of all private investment business opportunities for current and prospective clients; establish an infrastructure to track all private investment activities globally and measure our success rate.
- Provide sales and business development support to Head of Private Investments Business Development and Investment Directors.
- Manage and oversee all private investment marketing content and ensure that data is accurate, updated and that the messaging is consistent across mediums.
- Create new private investment marketing content that clearly and convincingly articulates CA’s competitive edge for responses to RFPs and pitch presentations.
- Spearhead and oversee pilot with Seismic as a content management and automation system for private investment pitch content.
- Collaborate with Head of Private Investments Business Development and others on CA’s various private investments data management processes and track records.
- BA/BS and six to nine years of experience in the investment industry.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with very strong project management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize responsibilities, and communicate progress and challenges along the way.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, which includes the ability to be a team player and partner effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Creative story-telling skills and ability to channel it into text/prose as well as visually appealing slides.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of private investments and capital markets.
- Candidate must commit to passing the Series 3 exam within the first three months of employment (tutorials and study materials are provided).
- Internal candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with the firm.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without employer sponsorship.