New job AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Nebraska
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR
Company : US Department of the Air Force
Salary : $68,600 - $80,057 a year
Location : Nebraska
Click on "" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to exercise technical and administrative supervision over subordinate workers in accomplishing trades and labor work of the 55th Maintenance Squadron.
- Performs work planning responsibilities.
- Performs work direction responsibilities.
- Performs administration responsibilities.
- Provides a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Ensures education in, compliance with, and practice of security directives, good safety, and health habits in all work areas.
Job family (Series)
8852 Aircraft Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver?s license may be required for the position.
- Shift work may be required
- Emergency overtime may be required.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Employee may be required to support base exercises and actual contingencies not necessarily performing in their primary skill code.
- The employee is required to obtain/maintain secret clearance.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WS-8800 Aircraft Overhaul Group. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes, and techniques of trade(s) and/or craft(s) supervised and personnel management policies, practices, and procedures, including sexual harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity/ Equal Employment Treatment.
2. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of the use and maintenance of hand and power tools, equipment, and precision measuring and /or test equipment common to trades supervised.
4. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and technical specifications.
5. Ability to plan and organize work assignments to include determining resources required to accomplish mission.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible: MSP applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level. You must include a completed copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist dated within 30 days along with the documents identified on the checklist to verify your eligibility for MSP. Click here to obtain a copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 11105954
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
BASIS OF RATING: Your application will be rated under the Cut Point procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience relates to the qualification requirements. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran's Preference is considered where applicable.
Best Qualified Group: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Fully Qualified Group: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Basically Qualified Group: Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
All Federal Wage Schedule (FWS) applicants must complete the assessment questionnaire in its entirety or it will result in an ineligible rating. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, may be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application: Questionnaire
- Resume: For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. WG-8852-10. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming VEOA, VRA or 30% Disabled Veteran - Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If claiming 30% Disabled Veteran, you must also submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces. NOTE: All veterans claiming 10-point preference must also submit a SF-15.
- Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (includes current Air Force employees): You must submit a legible copy of a SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. The SF-50, block 24 must contain "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a "1". Employees eligible under an OPM approved interchange agreement, block 34 may contain a "1" or "2".
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable.
Awards for Current Federal Civilian employees - List any awards received within the last 3 years on the resume.
Note: Applicant must not submit award SF50s-Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50s).
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.