New job Accounting Specialist in Delaware
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
- Compute fiscal/financial transactions.
- Reconcile transactions/accounts.
- Classify and code fiscal/financial transactions.
- Review to ensure compliance with required documentation, computations, codes, signatures, and rules/regulations.
- Record fiscal/financial transactions to various financial information systems.
- Interact with public/private sector to provide/obtain information.
- Compile information/develop reports for use by others.
- Monitor balances and report discrepancies.
- Participate in recommending systems and forms enhancements.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of an Associates degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- One year experience in processing financial transactions in areas such as accounting, auditing, payroll, or taxes.
- One year experience in creating financial reports which includes combining and presenting financial data from multiple sources in an organized format.
- One year experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Six months experience in determining compliance of financial transactions with required documentation, computations, codes, signatures, and rules/regulations.
Conditions of Hire
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or may, decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
Applicant must complete satisfactory criminal background check, reference checks, confirmation of compliance with federal and state tax laws, and any other required condition of employment.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.