New job WELDER STRUCTURAL WL in Mississippi
WELDER STRUCTURAL WL
Company : Huntington Ingalls Industries
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
Work Leaderman position is responsible for assisting supervisors with job assignment of craft workers. Other key responsibilities are training craft personnel, working on his/her tools as a journeyman within specified craft and substituting for foreman when he/she is not available. Position is considered to be a transitional assignment for personnel interested in pursuing craft management positions.
- Must be a current employee of HII-Ingalls to be considered for this position.
- Must have 1 year active experience as a journeyman at Ingalls, or a graduate of craft specific apprenticeship program, or 3+ years of documented journeyman experience in applied craft.
- Superior Attendance and Disciplinary Record.
- Candidate cannot have more than 3 unexcused absences in the last 180 day period.
- Candidate cannot have any safety DANS that result in a disciplinary layoff in last 180 day period.
- Candidate cannot have more than 2 total DANS in the last 180 day period (excluding lost tool).
- At time of application currently in the classification of Joiner Journeyman
- Commitment to Quality
- Shares skills/knowledge with others willingly
- Demonstrates Huntington Ingalls Industries values of dignity and respect.
- Desire to continue growth into craft management positions - foreman
Req ID: 5464
Travel Required: No
Relocation: No relocation assistance available
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Virtual/Telework Opportunity: No-Teleworking is not available for this position
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Clearance Type: No - Clearance Not Required to Start
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.