New job VP, Ops & Supply Chain in Chanhassen, MN 55317
VP, Ops & Supply Chain
Company : Insulation Distributors, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Chanhassen, MN 55317
IDI Distributors is America’s largest family owned and operated wholesale insulation distributor backed by over 40 years of proven success. With over 500 employees in 55 locations across the country IDI prides itself on providing best-in-class customer service to the residential and commercial construction industry.
The role of the VP, Operations and Supply directs and oversees the overall operations and site management of the Distribution Centers (DCs). Implements and ensure that procedures are followed to provide a safe, efficient, service-oriented, and profitable department.
- Planning and Directing: Establish long-term operations objectives that are aligned with business goals. Develop and execute strategic plan for the operations department. Integrate the separate activities of shipping, receiving, transportation, purchasing and sales by discussing with each function accountabilities and interdependence in achieving company goals. Participate in the establishment of overall Distribution Center business goals.
- Profitable Operations: Plan, organize, direct, and control the course of operations by integrating and coordinating operations functions and processes with business goals. Maintain profitable operations by controlling inventory, losses, accidents and safety, etc. Seek synergies and best practices to develop and implement new methods to improve productivity or improve customer service.
- Safety and Compliance: Guide operations management in compliance with government and other regulatory agency guidelines and laws and Company programs. Implement programs to ensure overall safety, security, maintenance and ergonomics for the operations functions.
- Personnel and Company Policy: Delegate responsibility to managers to accomplish productivity goals. Enforce Distribution Center/company policies on safety and employee discipline by following guidelines, communicate changes to the workforce and oversee work and performance of day warehouse associates. Create performance improvement plans, administer discipline, and identify training opportunities when appropriate.
- Networking: Participate in the Operations knowledge center, industry organizations, and other networking opportunities to bring in know-how and share best practices with other interested parties.
- Transform and develop a team culture consistent with IDI values to become recognized for their safety practices, engagement, executional excellence and process-honoring behaviors. Collaboration amongst leadership and successfully managing across all internal functions is a must.
- Develop best-in-class logistics, warehousing and inventory business processes capable of ensuring consistent delivery of goods, minimize stock outs and consistently improve on time delivery results exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Develop and implement multi-year strategies for transportation management and warehouse storage/handling objectives consistent with Monograms documented strategy.
- Recommend, negotiate and select from a vast range of third-party providers for transportation and external warehouse storage needs aligning with the strategic growth of the business. Directing and managing external providers to achieve scorecard/metric expectations will require significant time to ensure accountability and meet continuous improvement cost/service expectations.
- Implementing robust planning and scheduling tools to schedule production and suppliers effectively in a dynamic market with various selling channels and strategies
- Identifying business risks and implementing resolutions and scalable mechanisms across the supply chain management function
- Identifying opportunities to develop, improve or simplify processes and policies for effective planning and scheduling, supplier management practices, order fulfillment, inventory management and logistics activities.
- Build and develop relationships at the executive level with suppliers and partners to ensure contractual commitment, alignment and accountability
- Develop, coordinate and implement a clear and effective supply chain vision and plan for meeting the demands of the customer. Working cross-functionally with other members of the senior team, the VP’s accountability will encompass demand planning and forecasting, supply planning for KBNA regional products and collaboration with global product supply chain planning, order fulfillment, B2B customer service, logistics, distribution, inventory control, B2B e-commerce and delivery performance.
- Develop and Lead the Customer Service strategy
- Ensures the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Attract, Engage, Lead, Coach, Develop and Retain talent for IDI
- Develop, maintain and improve department goals, priorities and KPI’s
- Facilitate reward and recognition activities
- Lead and manage a performance lead culture for direct reports
- Role model IDI values and leadership behaviors
- Seasoned leader with a strong operations strategy orientation who has led major initiatives or businesses and worn many operating hats
- Remarkable organizational skills, research skills, and an ability to drive decisions, inquire about barriers, challenge thinking, and follow-through to accelerate execution.
- Very strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, a quick learner, internally motivated to meet and exceed expectations, an active problem solver who works well with others, both in and outside the organization.
- Strong broad-based business acumen with ability to identify and plan for long-term strategic growth.
- Proven analysis skills, resourcefulness, decisiveness, and the ability to maintain confidence under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to think pragmatically and theoretically to drive execution of strategic concepts.
- Competitive analysis expertise to transform findings into easily translatable and visual narratives that clearly articulate strategy and communicate value propositions and tangible next steps to the board, executives, and key members of leadership.