New job Visitors Service Coordinator in Graham, NC 27253
Visitors Service Coordinator
Company : Alamance County Government
Salary : $33,411 a year
Location : Graham, NC 27253
Under limited supervision, this position will be responsible for serving visitors and potential visitors to Alamance County. The goal of the Visitors Bureau is to enhance the area's economic vitality and quality of life through promotion of Alamance County as a distinguished destination. This role will be responsible for various public relations activities, customer service and administrative tasks as well as advocating and promoting what Alamance County has to offer visitors.
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide information and assistance to visitors including distributing maps/brochures, orienting visitors to Alamance County, and other tourism assets.)
- Answering of telephones and transferring/taking messages.
- Manage content for website, mobile app, social media and others industry affiliated sites as they relate to Visitor Center events throughout Alamance County.
- Establish and maintain an inventory control of all brochures.
- Build and maintain a visitor database and information inquiry database.
- Establishing and maintaining a relationship with area contacts to ensure special events, accommodations, restaurants, attractions and general area information is up-to-date and available to be shared.
- Maintain ground mail, email and fax mailing lists and database.
- Responsible for attending industry related and sponsored events.
- Assist with Tourism Development Authority meetings by serving as an assistant to the Board Secretary for the authority by recording minutes, organizing material distribution and ensuring all meeting details are arranged and executed.
- Within this role the expectation is the Visitors Service Coordinator will perform all duties above and others as assigned and trained in a prudent and sensible manner, following established County policies and procedures.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Autonomy Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Cooperation Ability to cooperate and collaborate with others effectively.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Independent Discretion Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when needed to ensure successful department functioning.
- Integrity Being forthright, honest and respectful within interactions with coworkers and members of the public at all times, building and reinforcing confidence within daily actions for county government.
- Judgment Ability to use good judgment and discretion as it relates to interpreting policies and procedures.
- Multitasker Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Prioritization Ability to decipher the relative importance or urgency of tasks and duties.
- Resourcefulness Ability to find quick and clever ways to assist and service visitors and complete processes.
- Safety-Minded Creating a safe work environment; managing risks; reducing exposure liabilities.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Education & Experience:
Associate's Degree in Tourism, Hospitality, Management or related field.
- One to two years of administrative experience preferably in an office environment setting or in the industry of tourism and hospitality.
Computer Skills: Prior experience and proficient skill with Microsoft Windows suites of products, Proficient in typing accurately and fast paced.
License/Credentials: Possession of a valid NC driver's license and the ability to maintain a safe driving history as defined by Alamance County policy.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs. or less C
11-20 lbs. O
21-50 lbs. O
51-100 lbs. N
Over 100 lbs. N
11-25 lbs. O
26-40 lbs. O
41-100 lbs. O
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral)