New job Transportation Director - USBL - US in Oregon | 2021
Transportation Director - USBL - US
Company : Sysco
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
Company:US0052 Sysco Portland, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:7 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for directing the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, strategic overview and implementation of projects, expense and revenue management, compliance with government regulations, management and direction to delivery staff and safety and security of the delivery department.
- Direct the daily work and safety of Delivery supervisors, routing personnel and other associates.
- Ensure that management staff is effectively managing the day to day delivery activities, including but not limited to Delivery Associate adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Assure Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensure that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Direct labor hours, travel, fuel, and consumable supplies within budget, maximizing time and cost efficiencies.
- Prepare work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Oversee the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of company assets in support of the Delivery department.
- Coordinate required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Observe the effectiveness of daily routing activities to ensure all established Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Sales/customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Prepare budget, profit plans, and capital requests as required.
- Evaluate metrics and adjust activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with the implementation of delivery changes.
- Monitor the utilization of delivery services by reviewing the coordination of backhaul functions and other routing/scheduling activities to increase the profitability of all delivery services.
- Communicate with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Visit customer locations and meet with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Establish the use and updating of productivity and routing software systems.
- Preserve associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- maintain on-going interaction.
- Keep open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitor associate morale.
- Submit and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interpret, train and consistently enforce company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Make recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Execute management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Perform the duties of the associates supervised, and perform other related duties as needed (as qualified).
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HazMat and Doubles Certification.
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Capable of writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Able to work with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and constructively.
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.