New job Training Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
Company : Lockwood Hills Federal, LLC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Portsmouth, NH
Lockwood Hills, an Akima Company, provides critical mission support services for federal civilian and military operations. With four areas of proven expertise, Lockwood Hills can conquer the operational challenges of any federal mission from remote installations stateside to secure locations overseas. Our work includes safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircraft, keeping operations on track with integrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The Training Specialist is responsible for educating all current and future employees on the Visa Processing procedures by creating instructional programs, training plans, and assigning additional course requirements. The specialist will teach topics based on the training curriculum through engaging lesson plans and examples of real-world applications. This position is also responsible for gauging performance of students by creating assignments, grading assessments, and submitting recommended curriculum updates as needed. The Training Specialist will have ownership of government-mandated training as well as annual company requirements.
- Conducts classroom training courses, On the Job Training and continual refresher and update trainings
- Creates learning assessments and assignments, syllabi, and instructional programs
- Edits and modifies the training curriculum and lesson plans as needed
- Gauge the success and readiness of employees to apply knowledge
- Employs several teaching methods as appropriate to ensure engagement
- Ethical and diligent record keeping
- Works with management to determine areas in which training is required
- Utilizes Microsoft Office products to enhance the learning experience
- Changes/adjusts training content based on changes in the company and government regulations
- Adheres to deadlines, goals, and metrics provided by the company
- Associate’s degree and two (2) years of relative experience or bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Power Point
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to use and interpret the applicable documents as described in the VSS Statement of Work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to draft effective trainings and presentations, communicate with customers, and to disseminate information to a wide audience
- Attention to detail to successfully understand and evaluate trends, maintain detailed records
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
- A U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive 7-year criminal and credit history background check.
- Mainly office but may also include all other work environments as required.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.