New job TRAILER REPAIR MECHANIC in Mississippi
TRAILER REPAIR MECHANIC
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
- Ability to work unsupervised, make decisions as needed
- Effective communicator and team player
- Heavy diesel truck and trailer mechanic skills
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Three years of experience working on class 8 trailers.
- Experience working with air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Prior welding and fabrication experience preferred.
- Tire repair experience (repair, mounting, dismounting) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close spaces
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions of extreme heat and cold
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis
- Fast-paced environment
- Exposure to noise and heights
- On call twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week to support the Distribution Center Operations
Ensures all trailers and yard tractors are in working order and are compliant to federal standards.
- Maintains repairs for class 8 trailers and yard tractors.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs all equipment (trailers, yard tractors).
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Performs DOT inspections and compliancy.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards
- Maintain a clean and organized work area