New job Technical Buyer in Washington
Company : Jacobs
Salary : $28.83 an hour
Location : Washington
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Rate of Pay: $28.83/hour
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Incumbent performs a variety of procurement functions pertaining to materials, equipment, automobile tabs and services in accordance with established company procedures. This includes research, arranging shipping or pick up, entering in MAXIMO system and providing updates to requestor.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Performs a wide range of procurement actions for materials, equipment, automobile tabs and services on approved requisitions in accordance with purchasing procedures which may include credit card buys and associated records.
- Reviews purchase requests for clearly defined requirement, priority and date required.
- Screens and sources requests that require special handling.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals, obtains material quotations and solicits subcontractors for bids and selects suppliers on the basis of their ability to meet requirements.
- Obtains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for products containing regulated substances.
- Negotiates and administers contracts and purchase orders.
- Creates Purchase Requests, RFQ’s, Purchase Orders, new company records, Item Master Record, Inventory Record and reports as required utilizing MAXIMO – a LAN based work and material management system.
- Arranges shipment, pick up, or vendor delivery of orders as well as processes material discrepancies, coordinating returns with supplier and shipper.
- Makes substitutions and interchanges when authorized and necessary to expedite material delivery or control costs.
- Conducts vendor capability surveys.
- Keeps current on assigned commodity market conditions.
- Informs shop schedulers of status on high priority and command interest orders.
- Initiates establishment of blanket agreements or JIT systems contracts for high demand MRO supplies.
- Consults with other departments on equipment, material and service requirements providing data and cost estimates.
- Prepares special procurement studies and lease vs. purchase analysis.
- Promotes quality and customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable.
- The proper use of tools and/or equipment needed to perform successfully as a Technical Buyer.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High school education or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience purchasing construction, maintenance, or automotive equipment and supplies.
- One year trades (construction, maintenance, or automotive) experience may be substituted for one year purchasing experience.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- No Felonies
- If prior military, must have honorable discharge on DD214
- Knowledge of standard commercial purchasing regulations and procedures desirable.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.