New job Teaching Assistant - Voice (Summer) in Michigan
Teaching Assistant - Voice (Summer)
Company : Interlochen Center for the Arts
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
Interlochen is where incredible memories are made, important friendships are formed, and faculty and staff truly make a difference in the lives of our students. Make this your best summer ever. Make it Interlochen.
Interlochen Center for the Arts is hiring Voice Teaching Assistants for the 2021 Camp season. Housing and all meals are included with this position. The dates of employment are 6/25-8/8.
- Work closely with area faculty to coordinate daily operational strategies for Junior and Intermediate practice hours
- Assist with Junior and Intermediate auditions, lessons, classes, and chamber music
- Assist faculty with High School classes and coaching as assigned
- Responsible for the well-being of each student during practice hour
- Observe teaching methods and provide appropriate guidance to students concerning practice habits and daily assignments
- Serve as a liaison between students and area faculty
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Coordinator or Associate Director of Music
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Strong interpersonal skills*
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new situations, quickly troubleshoot, and work well with others
- Ability to work independently
- Applicants must be enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate music degree program
- Experience in private teaching on their instrument or related is a plus
Required Items to Upload on Your Application:
- Cover Letter
Interlochen Center for the Arts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion (religious creed), age, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
*Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
From: Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Housing and meals are included with this position.
- Discounts on performances and in our on campus store, The Scholarshop
Job Type: Contract