New job SVP, Engineering Services in Remote
SVP, Engineering Services
Company : Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Remote
Job Summary:The Senior Vice President of Engineering Services reports to the EVP and Chief Technology Officer of DMED Technology, and is responsible for software & media infrastructure engineering, engineering operations, incident management, problem management and level 1 technical support functions across all business applications, platforms and consumer products, holistically for DMED Technology.
They run an organization of over 400 infrastructure engineers, enterprise tool admin & engineering and QA & Automation resources who build and maintain DMED Technology’s core systems and frameworks including compute and storage. The role is accountable for DMED Technology ongoing maturation of cloud governance and footprint management, along with building scalable capabilities and tools for monitoring and observability, scalability, orchestration and continuous delivery. With focus on reliability and automation, they provide Quality Assurance services, including building and operating automation platforms and tools for unit, integration, functional and performance testing. For the DMED Technology organization, this team is responsible for the Support Center which provides Tier 1 Support, change management, and root cause analysis for all across DMED Technology’s services, products and platforms.
The ideal candidate will have background spanning software engineering, media engineering, engineering operations as well as Service Management and Security. They will have a track record of bringing together teams and standardizing processes and tooling across a broad service set. Responsibilities will include centralizing service management functions and maturing disciplines to deliver best-class incident response and technical support functions across all DMED Technology business applications, platforms and consumer products. They will partner across DMED Technology in delivery of Infrastructure services, as well as externally with Security partners to ensure security and compliance
The SVP, Engineering Services will set the vision and organizational structure of Engineering Services group. This position requires a strategic thinker with a diverse background and proven track record of leading large-scale efforts from concept through delivery. This leader will have a strong senior presence and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
The SVP, Engineering Services must be a self-motivated, team player who can influence the overall business objectives of the Disney with an inspiring drive for excellence. The successful candidate must foster a can-do culture and align resources, priorities, and processes for success.
- Builds and maintains DMED Technology’s core systems and frameworks including compute, storage and network
- Builds, governs and evolves the public and private cloud infrastructure supporting all of DMED Technology
- Builds scalable capabilities and tools for monitoring and observability, scalability, orchestration and continuous delivery
- Manage DMED Technology’s Support Center to be the best-in-class, centralized service management function including incident, change & problem management/root cause analysis, associated critical incident communications with holistic reporting, and runbooks/technical support
- Provides engineering Quality Assurance services, including building and operating automation platforms and tools for unit, integration, functional and performance testing
- Enables day-to-day delivery with internally engineered and vendor enterprise tooling, and advocating for DMED Technology where Enterprise Technology shared services are leveraged
- Partners with Security team on infrastructure security efforts including certificate lifecycle management, cloud security and compliance and core infrastructure security
- Utilizes effective leadership practices to attract, develop and retain top talent at all levels
- Provides leadership to Engineering Services – continue growing and developing the organization with strong talent to meet the demands of the business, prioritize goals, provide guidance and development for the team, and create cohesive working relationships company-wide
Fosters Diversity & Inclusion in hiring practices and daily culture, operations and delivery
- 15 years+ experience, including 8+ years leading engineers/operations resources across a range of technical skill sets such as Media assets (bit rates, encoders, etc.), Hypervisors (VMware, EC2, serverless compute), Cloud (AWS, Azure), Networking (layer 2/3, Cisco, Arista), Storage (SAN, NAS, Object), Service Management (Incident, Problem, Change)
- Understand 24/7 technical environment and responsibilities; Ensures the highest level of systems availability is maintained including optimization.
- Deep knowledge of Cloud related services (ECS, Lambda, Paas, IaaS, Service fabric, etc.)
- Supporting geographically distributed/global technologies and services
- Business continuity and Disaster recovery practices
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies in a matrix workplace
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; demonstrated strong business acumen
- Ability to channel different points of view; establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; create a team atmosphere while achieving key objectives
- Ability to motivate and collaborate in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience with management of remote work groups
- BS (or MS) in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree or equivalent professional expertise