New job Surveyors/Technicians in Michigan
Company : Tetra Tech
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Our Tetra Tech Brighton location is seeking technicians or professional Land Surveyor's In-Training for infrastructure design surveys, construction support surveys, legal boundary and environmental projects. As a firm designated 'essential' for state, county, and municipal work, we have remained operational (and busy) during the COVID-19 pandemic, and conduct work in conformance to government health and safety policies. We equip all staff with the tools they need to work remotely, independently, and safely.
- Candidate can expect to use all modern surveying equipment (robotic total station, GPS, LIDAR scanner, levels, drones, etc.).
- Seeking candidates with strong experience and skill set.
- Ability to become licensed is high valued.
- Candidates with less experience will have an excellent opportunity to build their skill set, and advance in position & pay rate.
- Occasional travel to Ann Arbor, Lansing and Port Huron offices.
- Most projects are within a 1-hour drive.
Primary role will be survey support and survey data processing. It is preferable that candidates have the following:
- Experience with (or ability to learn) data processing software
- Proficiency with field equipment (GPS, total station, level, etc.) and ability to operate as a 1-person crew (or be responsible with directing a second crew member)
- The ability to manage (download, process, adjust) data by computer and data collection devices.
- Ability (and diligence) to communicate by email, text, etc.
- Ability to compose reports, keep field notes, and occasionally assist with work plans, safety plans, etc.
- Familiarity with legal descriptions, surveys, deeds, plats, as well as construction plans and cut sheets.
- Ability to use (or learn) Civil 3D or Microstation.
- Degree is not required, but is highly valued (4-year survey curriculum).
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.