New job SUPPLY TECHNICIAN in Nebraska
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $35,265 - $56,790 a year
Location : Nebraska
This National Guard position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D1901and is part of USPFO SUPPLY & SERVICES DIV HQ - MATERIAL MANAGEMENT BRANCH Nebraska Army National Guard.
View Full PD#:
As a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, GS-2005-5/6/7, duties include:
(1) Manages supply activities to include support of inventory control, storage, distribution, cataloging, supply identification systems, property utilization, and other related activities utilizing Army Standard Tactical Enterprise Logistics Systems (TELS). Utilizes Global Combat Support System - Army (GCSS-A) to review, validate, and process customer material requests.
(2) Reviews procurements through the appropriate TELS and vendor based web sites. Analyzes requests to ensure items being ordered are authorized. Manage the Federal Fuel Credit Card accounts (ground and aviation) to ensure charges and credits are being applied. Ensures audits and reconciliations are conducted at the end of each transaction reporting period to ensure the accuracy of transactions. Processes all requests for local purchases, including those for items listed within standard supply classes. Processes various GCSS-A reports to manage materials and reconciles all records in GCSS-A to ensure validity of the stock record account. Process inquiries regarding supply status.
(3) Develops and applies standards to manager referred transactions. Coordinates with Continental United States (CONUS) supply sources (private and public) on materials needed to alleviate delays. Validates due-in transactions and researches items delayed in shipment. Processes Shipment Discrepancy Reports (SDR) and Product Quality Deficiency Reports (PQDR). Processes monthly reports regarding commodity management, including transaction error reports, overdue delivery reports, supply performance statistic reports, overage reports, and other related supply discrepancy reports. Applies appropriate budget controls on selective items and maintains records indicating the necessity for control.
(4) Manages stock assigned to various classes of supply. Develops reports that track on hand supplies to ensure accurate accountability. Processes requests for operation rations, including commercial subsistence and commercial meals. Reconciles purchase requests for fuel reports, processes monthly Voyager credit card reports, issues new Voyager credit cards to unit and processes transactions for turn in and expired or damaged Voyager credit cards. Processes requests from units for medical supplies (CL VIII) validating all medical supply requests against unit formularies. Provides units with medical material quality control notifications. Monitors shelf life requirements to ensure perishable supplies are disposed of and reordered. Analyzes and recommends supplies for forward deployment/distribution.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
View Full PD#:
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
Conditions of Employment
- Military membership in the Nebraska National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Obtain/maintain the level of security clearance/background check required
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory
- Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
QualificationsNATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Nebraska Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: Maximum: CW3/E8; Minimum: WO1/E4;Military Grade inversion within the full time work forces is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised.
Compatibility will be followed in accordance with 32 USC 709(b) and 10 USC 10216
Compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position. Selectee has 24 months to become qualified in a compatible military assignment.
Security Clearance/Background Check requirements:
In order to comply with US DOD requirements and ensure the safety and security of the missions, programs, property and personnel of the Nebraska Military Department, employees must obtain the appropriate background investigation and maintain the level of security clearance assigned to their respective work.
Failure to obtain, within one year of appointment, and maintain the designated type of security clearance/background check required for the respective work may result in a job offer being rescinded, separations of employment, or other actions as may be deemed in the best interest of the agency.
Prior to appointment individuals must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms: SF86, PSIP Initiation Form, Fingerprints, OF306 and Application/Resume.
Nebraska National Guard Personnel Security Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org; 402-309-8319
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered. Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-05 - Must have at least 6 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates knowledge of standardized supply regulations, policies, procedures, or other instructions relating to the specific functions assigned. Experience that demonstrates knowledge of one or more automated supply databases to enter and retrieve recurring reports. Experience using working knowledge of the structure of a supply organization and the organizations serviced.
GS-06 - Must have at least 9 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. Experience conducting searches for required information; reconstruct records for routine supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, and parts. Experience performing routine aspects of supply specialist work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
GS-07- Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. Experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstructing records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, or parts. Experience performing routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
THE MAN YEAR FOR THIS POSITION IS OBLIGATED TO A TECHNICIAN ON MILITARY DUTY. SELECTEE MAY BE DISPLACED UPON RETURN OF THE INCUMBENT OR SELECTEE MAY BE CONVERTED TO PERMANENT APPOINTMENT IF THE INCUMBENT DOES NOT REQUEST REEMPLOYMENT. INDEFINITE EMPLOYMENT IS TEMPORARY IN NATURE AND WILL LAST MORE THAN ONE YEAR BUT NO MORE THAN SIX YEARS. BENEFITS ARE THE SAME AS A PERMANENT APPOINTMENT.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. Your answers to the assessment questionnaire will be verified against information provided in your resume and other supporting documentation. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific, we will not make assumptions regarding your experience. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experiences, your rating will be adjusted or you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated against general and specialized experience under the "Qualifications" section and against the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Customer Service, Manages and Organizes Information, and Technical Competence
To preview the assessment questionnaire, please use the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11070847
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
Use this link for Resume Tips.
2. Other supporting documents (optional)
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Clarification from the agency
Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants