New job Supply Management Specialist in Georgia
Supply Management Specialist
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $53,433 - $84,049 a year
Location : Georgia
About the Position:
This position is located in Fort Benning, Georgia. Fort Benning is located in an area commonly known as the "Tri-Community", comprised of Columbus, Fort Benning, Georgia, and Phenix City, Alabama. Columbus, known as Georgia's third-largest city.
- Input required property data into the mandated DoD enterprise system Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS).
- Execute actions leading to the accountability, cataloging, identification and disposal of District controlled property assets.
- Analyze inventory data to determine loss trends and to identify better methods of safeguarding government-owned equipment.
- Develop and implement a recovery plan to establish procedures to mitigate property losses and address weak areas.
- Collaborate with DoDEA personnel located at Headquarters, Regions and Districts to ensure awareness, maintain integrity, minimize errors, fraud, waste and theft of DoDEA property.
- Participate with area, district, and school-level personnel in the operation of the DoDEA supply program.
- Manage, monitor and maintain accountability for property and inventories of accountable equipment for the District.
- Conduct annual and specialized inventories using a required Portable Data Collection Device (PDCD).
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 30% for this position.
Job family (Series)
2003 Supply Program Management
Conditions of Employment
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- A trial or probationary period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Might be required to sign a transport agreement.
QualificationsWho May Apply: U.S. Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Specialized Experience for GS 09: One year of specialized experience which includes managing accountability for property and/or inventories; preparing reports on supply/inventory programs; utilizing supply management automated tools; and providing oversight of purchase card programs. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: supply chain management, business, economics or engineering.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages.
Specialized Experience for GS 11: One year of specialized experience which includes managing accountability for property and/or inventories; evaluating inventory programs and operations to improve supply methods or techniques; providing technical guidance on supply operations to personnel and providing oversight of purchase card program. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: supply chain management, business, economics or engineering.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Information Management
- Inventory Management
- Problem Solving
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Be advised that effective Jan. 1 2018, under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, most civilian employee relocation allowances became taxable. The Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) reimburses eligible employees for the additional Federal, State, and local income taxes incurred as a result of receiving taxable travel income. RITA does not apply to new government employees or employees returning from an overseas assignment for the purpose of separation from Government service. For more information, visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction.html.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. Duties described reflect the full performance GS-11 level. If not selected at the full performance level, duties will be performed in a developmental capacity under close supervision.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Transcripts: This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. You MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.