New job Strategic Communications Project Manager (USINDOPACOM) in Hawaii
Strategic Communications Project Manager (USINDOPACOM)
Company : Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Hawaii
Kapili Government Services is looking for a qualified Strategic Communications Specialist (USINDOPACOM) to support the J92 in developing and strengthening USINDOPACOM’s community, national and international strategic engagements and partnerships to enhance regional security. This is a temporary position located in Oahu, HI for six months.
Duties include providing subject matter expertise, research, and recommendations to assist the J92 in conducting outreach with public, private, and civil sector organizations and in developing and assisting with the Command’s strategic communication efforts. These efforts support the Command’s Senior Leader Engagement program, academic outreach, strategic communication efforts, the Professional Academic Development & Speaker Series (PADSS), and the various civilian-military cooperative activities and initiatives.
- Outreach Development, Planning, Coordination, and Support: 60% - Assists J92 in the development of creative, innovative ideas that focus on integrating the private and civil sectors into USINDOPACOM’s engagement activities. Develops and executes outreach initiatives to support USINDOPACOM's Senior Leader Engagement program, focused on academic engagements with international relations/security research organizations. Explore development of new outreach efforts, specifically to assist in developing relationships with non-government organizations (NGO) including non-profit foundations and endowments in order to support USINDOPACOM’s mission.
- Strategic Communication Coordination: 30% - Provides policy and organizational analysis; research and writing; and coordination among internal and external multi-stakeholders to ensure a consistent and clear USINDOPACOM strategic communication approach and message. Utilize the joint military software, Command and Control for the Information Environment (C2IE) to track, analyze, and plan for engagements.
- Concept Development: 10% - Assist in the development of creative, innovative ideas that focus on integrating the private and civil sectors into USINDOPACOM’s engagement activities.
SPECIFIC PRIORITIES OF EFFORT:
- SLE Planning & Execution
- Strategic Communication/Engagement Analysis & Coordination
- Research and Writing (strategic communication/messages; info papers, talking points, reports, etc.)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in inter-agency or multi-sector coordination activities (e.g. US government agencies, academia, non-governmental organizations, private industry)
- Working knowledge of US international relations and national security efforts, and experience in supporting policy or engagement planning or analysis activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, creative thinking, critical analysis, and experience in collaborating with senior officials (Flag/General officer and SES), policymakers, academic professors, and military personnel
- Emphasis provided to those with familiarity and background working on international issues with the military and NGOs
- Strong research and writing background
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or working on Master’s degree preferred.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
Kapili Government Services, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Kapili Government Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com