New job STORE OPS ANALYST SR in Tennessee
STORE OPS ANALYST SR
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Analytical – Ability to “data mine”, identify problems, develop actionable solutions, and execute required plans.
- Ability to set objectives for processes and determine if completed.
- Change management – Ability to implement significant structural and behavioral change
- Effective communication – Ability to communicate effectively in-person and through documentation to facilitate change - Ability to identify and document strengths and opportunities of all levels of leadership
- Relationship building – Ability to partner with field employees and other internal departments that are not direct reports to implement change….from store managers to vice presidents – Customer driven, team player committed to developing and maintaining strong partnerships and relationships with all levels of the Company
- Organizational – Ability to manage a challenging work, multi-project/task schedules
- Technical – Advanced proficiency in spreadsheets and databases – Ability to gain internal system knowledge for data-streams as needed
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 2 – 4 years of work experience in an analyst role. Master’s degree in Business preferred. Retail work experience a plus.
Retail work experience a plus
Responsible for leading key analytical processes to support the company’s operational improvement initiatives. Design, building, and deployment of decision support tools used throughout the Company in support of all profit and sales enhancing activities. Serves as a regular advisor to business operations (such as store operations, merchandising, supply chain, and human resources), ensuring the appropriate use of analytics to support operational improvement diagnostics, solution development, and implementation. Accountable for utilizing current analytical software tools, designing additional tools, and measuring test & learn and implementation processes.
Analysis and Design
o Utilizes multiple internal systems to provide detailed analyses on profit and sales enhancing activities as it relates to all stores,
o Provides detailed analyses on product profit performance by SKU, Product Class, and Department
o Manages and designs all scorecards as it relates to operational improvement metrics by functional department and overall company
o Analyzes the test & learn processes to determine compliance and improvement opportunities
o Formulates potential recommendations/solutions through detailed analyses and identification of profit enhancing opportunities
o Determines the size of all potential recommendations/solutions
o Provides Project Manager’s test & learn design assistance for potential solutions
o Provides actionable information to field leadership, distribution center leadership, and corporate leadership
o Performs specific process audits to review, analyze, and recommend potential changes and/or new solutions
Reporting/Communication & Feedback Process
o Measures and reports the results of all test & learn events
o Communicates effectively with all layers of the Company