New job STORE MERCHANDISER SENIOR- Birmingham, AL (remote position) in Alabama
STORE MERCHANDISER SENIOR- Birmingham, AL (remote position)
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alabama
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of management experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Ability to be a team player and is customer service driven
- Good work ethic
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Regularly driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits and occasionally to attend management meetings and to other Dollar General stores.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for training and certifying all Store Merchandisers in new store openings, relocations, and closings. Supervise and manage the complete new store opening process, which includes fixture installation and merchandise setup. Supervise and manage the store relocation process and closing process.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Trains on all aspects of new store opening, relocation, and closing procedures. Ensures Merchandisers’ certification of new store layout procedures and techniques
- Trains all aspects and insures Merchandisers’ certification of relocation and closing procedures
- Teaches expense control in all aspects of opening, relocation, and closing procedures
- Develops back-up talent
- Direct communication with RSDM, Store Merchandisers, District Managers, and office support staff
- Insures all paperwork is timely and accurate