New job Stewardship Assistant - Student in Kansas
Stewardship Assistant - Student
Company : Kansas State University Foundation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
Are you a K-State student interested in utilizing your strengths to steward our donors and help express gratitude? As part of our Stewardship & Donor Engagement team, our Stewardship Assistant gains hands-on experience in stewardship and events while enjoying a flexible work schedule and competitive pay. They work closely with the team to proofread student scholarship thank you letters, write acknowledgements to donors, assist at events and help with letters and reporting processes.
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proofread scholarship thank you letters and assist with the mailing of letters to donors.
- Assist at events during business hours as well as nights and weekends.
- Assist with collection of donor recognition inventory on campus.
- Assist in creation of donor acknowledgment letters and computer generated reports, as directed using Microsoft Office programs and donor based software programs.
- Prepare donor mailers and gifts, including birthday and anniversary cards.
- Provide general back-up and clerical assistance for the stewardship and donor engagement department as needed. Assist with scanning and filing of pertinent documents.
- Assist with deliveries and other departmental errands. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be currently enrolled in coursework at Kansas State University
- Advanced operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to private donor and student information
- Ability to enter data accurately and ability to meet deadlines required
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail required
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to work closely with all internal departments and external clients
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license and acceptable driving record required
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging:
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team.
Employees cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment that allows everyone to feel connected to the organization’s mission and contribute to their full potential.
- No travel required
- Work is primarily sedentary. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. May require occasional physical exertion such as long periods of sitting or standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities.
- Requires recurring lifting of heavy items and must be able to lift heavy objects over 50 pounds.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with copywriting and editing preferred
- Experience in a professional office environment preferred
- Demonstrates high-level of professionalism