New job Staff Assistant I in Nebraska
Staff Assistant I
Company : State of Nebraska
Salary : $14.90 an hour
Location : Nebraska
Does working a desk job Monday – Friday 8 am to 5pm appeal to you? If you are you good with people and want to help them work toward solutions, we invite you to join our team. We are a group of fun individuals in a progressive department within state government! All on-the-job-training is provided. Excellent benefit package including 12 paid holidays, 12 days of vacation and 12 sick days per year and 156% matching retirement contribution by the state.
- Review and process a variety of applications and documents to approve, deny or reinstate driving privileges in person and via mail
- Evaluate accident reports to determine if suspension action is required This is a great opportunity for you to transition into a professional position with room to grow. This might be your time to make a move into a field that touches nearly every Nebraskan – the DMV.
REQUIREMENTS: Coursework/training in administrative/office support functions, procedures, and methods including the operation of personal computers and office equipment; research; or areas related to the programs and functions of the employing agency OR Experience in performing administrative/office/secretarial support work including use of personal computers and office equipment. Fingerprinting by the Nebraska State Patrol is required.
- An eye for detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize a workload
- Examine documents to determine whether they are complete
- Patience in listening to sometimes frustrated customers
- Ability to deliver exemplary customer service
- Dependable and committed to the job
- A good steward of state resources Efficient and accurate keyboarding skills required