New job Social Science Methodologist in Colorado
Social Science Methodologist
Company : BTS Software Solutions
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Colorado
BTS is seeking a Mid-Level Social Science Methodologist to support NORTHCOM J2 in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Supports the development of new approaches for intelligence analysis to include analytic models that leverage quantitative and qualitative techniques and innovative approaches to visualization and dynamic content management to enable more accurate, complete, objective, and anticipatory analysis. Applies social science methodologies to develop, vet, and employ theories against DIA’s analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of selected foreign governments, non-state actors, terrorist groups and other threats; security policy and capabilities; leadership and elite dynamics; defense industrial production; civil and military resource allocation and investment; threat finance transactions and networks; proliferation activities (including both state-sponsored and non-state-sponsored activities); drug manufacture, trade, and smuggling; military programs, capabilities, strategies (including WMD, missile, and general-purpose forces); and intentions.
Requisite Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree with 8 years of relevant subject matter experience, or, specialized training & 4-8 years subject matter experience, or, equivalent intelligence/academic experience. Relevant subject matter expertise includes previous experience as an analyst. Mid-level contractor personnel work independently with moderate Government oversight, provide comprehensive and completed products that may require multiple Senior Intelligence Analyst/Officer (SIA/SIO) minor revisions and/or editing, and develop and manage plan of actions and milestones. Additional duties as required.
- Comprehensive mission knowledge and skills that affirms completion of all developmental training and experiences for the labor category.
- Ability to communicate understanding from information that may be incomplete, indirect, highly complex, seemingly unrelated, and / or technically advanced. Structures analytic questions based on trends in reporting and a range of analytic perspectives from other analysts, organizations, and intelligence disciplines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Ability to collaborate and work with other IC members on information sharing, driving collection, and addressing analytic disputes and conflict resolution.
- Ability to develop concise, insightful, and comprehensive products for defense intelligence.
- Ability to guide teams in researching multifaceted or critical problems.
- Familiarity with DCSA missions, FEMA and predictive analysis.
- Experience with, or training on ODNI Analytic Standards and related ODNI Analytic Tradecraft Standards
BTS Software Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business who are community-focused innovators who transform ideas into technology to serve people. We recognize that innovation is only valuable when applied towards a needed solution. Technology has no value without the hard work to turn ideas into reality. Our roots are in helping save Soldiers’ lives through technology. We bring that ethos to serving our community. We create solutions that touch people's lives - products to communicate, to connect companies with customers, to stay informed, to save lives, and to enhance lives.
We have a small company persona with a large company ethos and capabilities; we create elegant solutions for complex problems that will enrich people’s lives. We offer one of the best benefits packages in the industry: Competitive health benefits package, PTO, 401K matching and vested from day one to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
BTS Software Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.