New job Short-Term Consultant: Humanitarian Donor Regulation Advisor in Indiana
Short-Term Consultant: Humanitarian Donor Regulation Advisor
Company : Internews
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Indiana
Internews is seeking a short-term consultant to support our efforts in assessing certain humanitarian donor requirements. The humanitarian donors this consultant is expected to evaluate are WHO, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNDP, UFPA, ICSP, and IOM. Internews is interested in pursuing more funds from these donors but needs to assess potential gaps in its current systems, processes, and capacity before pursuing funding.
This is a remote-first, short-term consultancy. We anticipate that the Scope will require approximately 10 working days to complete. Candidates based anywhere in the United States will be considered.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to conduct this assessment, Internews needs the short-term consultant to compile a report that explains each donors' requirements and how other implementers comply with these requirements. Internews has already identified key areas in which these funders differ from the US Government rules and regulations that it would like to better understanding. The areas identified are:
- Financial Reporting Requirements
- Auditing Requirements
- Flexibility/inflexibility in program implementation delivery timelines
- Indirect/NICRA rate cost recovery
- HQ staff cost recovery
- Pre-award due diligence process
- Asset disposition and asset threshhold
Internews would also like for the consultant to highlight any other areas not already identified above in which these funders may differ from the US Government.
- Report that outlines each funder's requirement by area listed above and any others identified by the consultant, accompanied by suggestiosn on systems or processes that other implementers utilize to comply with these requirements.
- 7-15 years of experience with financial, grant, and/or audit management of WHO, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNDP, UFPA, ICSP, and IOM funded projects
- Experience working with midsize INGOs
- Familiarity with USAID or USDOS funded project requirements
- Proficient in English