New job Shipping Clerk - Davenport in Iowa
Shipping Clerk - Davenport
Company : Alpha Baking Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Iowa
The Shipper works in a fast pace environment preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties:
- Physically moves bread/bun stacks to shipping dock using two wheel cart to stage product.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities to break down stacks of product to be sent to depot locations.
- Physically shuttle bread trays and materials to packaging department.
- Unloads semi-trailers and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Loads cased bread/bun products onto pallets.
- Operates electric pallet jack to move or hoist materials from packaging to shipping dock.
- Operates stretch wrap bander to palletize bread/bun products for shipment.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Efficiently works within a busy dispatch department.
- Creates shipping labels and handles shipping information.
- Works well with shipping team to complete orders in a timely manner.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Worker must be able to constantly stand and walk on concrete floors and trailer beds.
- Frequent pushing/pulling of transport racks and bread trays.
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, lifting, carrying is required.
- Frequent to constant handling and grasping of bakery product trays, transport racks and boxes.
- Frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and attendance to meet employer's attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
Alpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
We are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.