New job Senior Specialist - Telecommunications in New Jersey | 2021
Senior Specialist - Telecommunications
Company : Marsh and McLennan
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
Senior Specialist- Telecommunications
Location: Hoboken, NJ or Westlake, Tx or Remote – US/Canada
What can you expect?
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and challenging projects,
- Deliver new network solutions and services ranging from medium to extra-large sized, business-critical and strategic projects that have significant technical and logistical requirements.
- Act as Project owner for all Telcom Operations deliverables
What is in it for you?
- Work with hard-working team members in an atmosphere that encourages the expression of ideas, which will contribute to our clients’ and to the company’s success.
- Rewarding career helping others
- Fun and engaging work environment built on team unity
- Paid Time Off for the things you love to do
- Training to help advance your skills for career development
The estimated salary range for this role is from $110,000 to $114,000 with the final salary being determined on an individual basis taking into consideration factors such as:
- Candidate’s Experience
- Candidate’s Education
- Any additional certifications/credentials
- We are excited to offer the following benefits to all of our colleagues: - Health and Welfare benefits - Tuition assistance - 401K and other retirement savings programs - Employee assistance programs – physical, mental and financial
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Designs enterprise solutions for iterative projects using engineering standards and best practices. Produces relevant design documentation.
- Develops a comprehensive implementation approach and playbooks for bringing solutions and/or services into production.
- Performs all pre-configuration, pre-production testing, POC & Pilot activities.
- Deploys solution infrastructure according to defined rack elevations, providing the necessary network cabling/connectivity.
- Completes any configurations needed to bring the infrastructure or service live into the production environment.
- Conducts all required testing, document results, and provides production certification.
- Updates documentation to reflect “as-built” design. Conducts review meeting and operational turnover with the operations teams.
- Organizes end user training where needed.
- Changes management processing.
- Monitors Incidents queues: troubleshoot and complete or assign tickets as required.
- Performs tier-III or deep-dive analysis to identify root cause for all elusive issues.
- Takes over responsibility to track and resolve issues/incidents that are chronic and/or persisting in the environment. Engages outside suppliers/vendors for assistance with resolution where appropriate.
- Assists with Level-3 incident management.
- Assists the operations teams with technical troubleshooting and on-site/hands-on support (where applicable) during major incidents and outages.
- Provides Cross-Team/Cross-Tower support.
- Provides technical, resource, and support to other MGTI towers as requested.
- Obtains quotes, negotiates pricing, and submits orders into the requisitioning system.
- Tracks expenditures against budget.
- Provides input to the annual budgeting process by submitting project budget proposals with projected costs.
- Provides cost allocations to finance.
- Develops remediation plans for issues & risks, escalating to PMO when appropriate.
- Manages operational ticketing queues: changes, incidents, problems and service requests.
- Provides status on Telecom deliverables.
- Manages internal team/peer resources with deliverables supporting delivery.
- Manages external resources that are dependencies.
- Follows best practice project management including approach, certification, back out strategies and approvals.
We would like you to have: :
- 5-7years of experience
- Significant Cisco experience is required,
- Experience with branch deployments, environment build outs
- Experience with large enterprises deployments is preferred including retail environment
- Flexible with working night shifts
- Ability to travel
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring his or her whole selves to work and thrive.
Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
If you are interested in submitting you application for this opportunity, click apply and follow the steps outlined on each page. Over the course of the application, you will be asked upload a resume, provide some additional information about your work experience and answer some optional demographic questions. If you are a good fit for one of our opportunities, someone from the Marsh & McLennan Talent Acquisition will be in touch to discuss next steps.