New job Senior Human Resources Technician in Delaware
Senior Human Resources Technician
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Review and prepare all human resources transactions for accuracy and compliance with merit rules, federal/state guidelines and departmental procedures.
- Provide information and guidance to employees, applicants, supervisors, and managers in areas of assigned human resources responsibilities regarding the processes, procedures and program requirements.
- Research and resolve a myriad of problems associated with employee and applicant circumstances.
- Prepare memos, letters, reports and general correspondence in support of human resources activities.
- Represent department/agency at human resources meetings and job fairs.
- May provide technical assistance, training and oversee the work of lower level employees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Human Resources Technician
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of Bachelors degree or higher in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Behavioral Science, Political Science or related field.
- Possession of a SPHR, PHR, IPMA-CP, IPMA-CS or equivalent professional human resource certification OR for current State employees, the Statewide Human Resources Certification.
- One year experience in processing human resource transactions in areas such as pay, benefits, applicant services, labor relations or employment practices in accordance with laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; providing guidance and information to others; researching and resolving problems.
- One year experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
Additional Posting Information
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.