New job Senior Fiscal Administrative Officer in Delaware
Senior Fiscal Administrative Officer
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
- Analyzes, reconciles and consolidates vouchers, records, journals, ledgers and statements.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budgetary recommendations.
- Reviews financial transactions and codes for conformance to standard procedures and accounts.
- Compiles, analyzes and prepares a variety of statements and reports for state, special, private or federal funded programs for use in financial, budget and personnel planning.
- Develops cost projections based on past records and anticipated activities and makes fiscally sound recommendations.
- Applies standardized accounting principles and practices.
- Reviews internal accounting policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revisions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Fiscal Administrative Officer
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in accounting using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Three years experience in compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial data to ensure effective and efficient accounting of funds or to make projections for financial planning.
- Three years experience in analyzing financial problems, developing alternatives, recommending and advising management on solutions.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
- Knowledge of budget management and control which includes managing a budget for the purpose of keeping expenditures within the limitations of available appropriations and available revenue and maintaining, monitoring, projecting and controlling a budget within set policies and procedures.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources. DelDOT does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.