New job Seasonal Groundskeeper-Winnebago, NE in Nebraska
Seasonal Groundskeeper-Winnebago, NE
Company : Ho-Chunk
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nebraska
Seasonal Groundskeeper-Winnebago, NE
Winnebago, NE 68071, USA Req #3591
Friday, April 2, 2021
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Founded in 1994, Ho-Chunk, Inc.’s mission is to drive the socio-economic development of the Winnebago people through a world-class tribally-owned company. Ho-Chunk, Inc. has grown into a diversified corporation with over 1,500 employees from a variety of ethnic backgrounds and skill sets. Ho-Chunk, Inc. operates numerous subsidiaries in a range of industries including federal government contracting, real estate, construction, manufacturing, retail and agriculture. Our award-winning business model reinvests in the Winnebago Tribe among shared priorities of employment, housing, education, youth and elders.
This position is responsible for ensuring clean, orderly, safe and attractive conditions of all Ho-Chunk, Inc. establishments and grounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains the exterior of all HCI buildings, properties and grounds, performing routine maintenance and exterior painting of fences, picnic tables, benches, swings, curbs, islands, hand railings and decks.
- Top priority is to clean grounds and remove litter and debris on all HCI properties and ground as well as the areas being mowed daily. Litter should be picked up without being told by supervisors.
- Notifies Facilities/Groundskeeper Supervisor of any repairs needed to any of the tools, equipment, structures or vehicles.
- Cleans debris from sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, streets, exterior steps and etc.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup. Shovel and remove snow/ice from designated areas such as sidewalks, entryways, decks, ramps, streets and parking lots.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs, lays sod.
- Helps maintain and repair sprinkler systems on HCI properties.
- Waters lawns, trees, flowers, plants and shrubs using hose or activating fixed or portable sprinkler systems.
- Mows lawns using hand mower, bush hog or power mower and weed whip when needed.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs, using shears, pruner, or chain saw.
- Sprays lawns, shrubs, flowers, plants and trees with fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides, using hand or automatic sprayers.
- Installs and removes outdoor signs, parking and traffic control barriers, and overhead banners as required.
- Must clean out rain gutters, ditches and culverts to ensure proper drainage.
- Attends training seminars as requested.
- All other job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Time Management.
- Project Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
- Ability to perform job duties in various working conditions to include, but not limited to; extreme temperatures, dirty environment.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools and procedures of grounds construction and care.
- Must be able to be cross-trained in custodial and building maintenance.
- Must be organized and have a basic understanding of “Lawn Care”.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
- Be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Ability to learn how to operate heavy equipment (backhoe, trencher, fork lift, grass hopper mower, skidster, tractor, etc.).
- Ability to follow safety standards in working with multiple tools and equipment.
- Ability to follow up and complete work orders.
- Respond to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner for immediate repairs.
- Communicate in writing and orally with team members, employees, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide useful information.
- Work independently or as a team member to complete work assignments satisfactorily.
- Be flexible in responding to change in schedules and job priorities.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Observe, record and report unsafe working conditions.
- Assist other maintenance department personnel in their work duties.
- Apply leadership techniques for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate work methods.
- Safely operate vehicles and equipment in all weather conditions.
- Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to take direction and carry out job duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required. At least one (1) year experience in a related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Maintains a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
None required for this position.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian
Certified, Native American Tribally-owned.
- Job Family
Administrative and Facilities Services
- Pay Type
Source : Indded