New job Satellite Operations Engineer in Maryland
Satellite Operations Engineer
Company : Omitron, Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maryland
Job Title: Satellite Operations Engineer
Job ID: #358
Omitron is seeking a Satellite Operations Engineer to provide conjunction assessment support, space situational awareness, and satellite operations support to NASA’s Conjunction Assessment Risk Analysis (CARA) Team at Goddard Space Flight Center. The CARA Operations Team monitors and assesses potential collision threats for over 70 NASA missions, provides real-time support related activities, and advises these missions on potential avoidance maneuvers. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in Conjunction Assessment and have a strong desire to support NASA operational mission activities.
Specific areas of support will include:
- Mission operations support including planning, real-time console operations, and anomaly investigation and resolution; mission operations includes off-hours and occasional shift work
- Troubleshooting and recovery during fast-paced, real-time mission activities
- Overseeing and conducting flight dynamics-related analyses; researching and introducing new technologies and/or processes to the larger team
- Support software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, acceptance testing, and deployment
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and orbit determination process
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to multi-task, and be capable of applying innovative ideas to solve problems
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Working knowledge of the Space and Near Earth Networks
- Working knowledge of Matlab and MySQL
No prior experience required, however, engineering and/or flight operations experience is preferred. Relevant coursework or previous experience in orbit determination and space situational awareness desired.
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science. However, relevant experience in satellite operations can be applied in lieu of a degree.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Security clearance is not required.
Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.