New job SALES - TERRITORY SALES ASSOCIATE in Connecticut
SALES - TERRITORY SALES ASSOCIATE
Company : Gold Medal Bakery
Salary : $50,440 a year
Location : Connecticut
SALES - TERRITORY SALES ASSOCIATE
Monday, April 12, 2021
Gold Medal Bakery is a fourth-generation family-owned industrial bakery that operates around the clock to provide fresh-baked goods to area food stores, restaurants, and institutions in New England and beyond. Gold Medal prides itself as a team of quality people who share their reputation and tradition through bread.
New Britain, East Torrington, Enfield, West Hartford, Newington, Litchfield, Simsbury, Wethersfield, Granby, Windsor, Torrington, Winsted, Bristol, Hartford, Bloomfield, N. Canaan, Unionville, Manchester, E. Hartford
Sells our bakery goods, both branded and Private Label, to customers serviced throughout their area. Prioritizing sales growth and working to build the market share of our most profitable branded labels.
Develops/maintains goodwill with customers on behalf of Gold Medal.
- Establish and maintain strong communication with decision makers at stores serviced to sell orders, sales results, and supplementary displays that will maximize sales.
- Communicate regularly with Gold Medal company employees and key personnel of assigned stores (i.e. Bread Clerks, Back-Up Clerks, Grocery, Non-Perishable and Store Managers, In-Store Bakery & Deli Department Management) with regard to store status, upcoming sales, orders, displays and training.
- Act as the liaison between customer HQ, GMB HQ, and stores serviced to gain store support of HQ sponsored programs, promotional objectives, display initiatives and program follow through directives.
- Addresses store concerns or promotional concerns with appropriate store management and/or Gold Medal Manager in a timely manner.
- Be aware of and strive to achieve specific goals by developing strategies and action plans at stores serviced.
- Creates sales events, sells in off rack displays and secure off-rack space allocated is utilized accordingly throughout service area.
- Promotes our products through customer interactions and hand selling.
- Work effectively with CAO system ensuring maximum sales results with minimal intervention.
- Work to achieve minimal Out of Stocks and acceptable ship to scan results. Prioritizing most profitable branded labels followed by our in-store, commercial and deli offerings.
- Picks up invoices and issues appropriate credit for applicable customers throughout area.
- Verify rotation and coding policies are abided to at stores serviced.
- Ensure proper merchandising standards are achieved (planogram adhered to, Unit Tags, Sale signs, POP materials, displays).
- Confirm bread aisle maintenance and work with stores serviced to ensure initial loads are put up by 10 AM, bread aisle coverage on off-days (Sunday & Wednesday), and afternoon pull-ups maintained at all stores serviced.
- Provides store training/retraining on Gold Medal Bakery Program to store personnel throughout area
- Support reporting initiatives required by GMB or Customer’s HQ.
- Follow store visit schedules and sales call duration guidelines to ensure adequate service is provided throughout area.
- Provide additional opening/reopening coverage and/or reset coverage to stores throughout area.
- Perform any other related assignments and/or trainings of other employees as required by GMB Management.
- Does not change job procedures without authorization from Supervisor.
Personal/Employee and Food Safety
Follows company policy to ensure safe work habits and conditions for employee. Responsible for following all safety programs and procedures.
Maintains a high state of safety awareness, including:
Follows all rack handling procedures
1. Preparation and Training
2. Work Experience
3. Analytical Ability
4. Independent Judgment And Consequence Of Errors
5. Contact With Others
6. Work of Others
- Pay Type
- Hiring Rate
- Travel Required
- Travel %