New job SALES - SALES ANALYST INTERNSHIP in Massachusetts
SALES - SALES ANALYST INTERNSHIP
Company : Gold Medal Bakery
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
SALES - SALES ANALYST INTERNSHIP
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Gold Medal Bakery is a fourth-generation family-owned industrial bakery that operates around the clock to provide fresh-baked goods to area food stores, restaurants, and institutions in New England and beyond. Gold Medal prides itself as a team of quality people who share their reputation and tradition through bread.
Responsible for preparing and analyzing electronic and hard copy data to aid the sales department as requested. Every employee is responsible for ensuring that the highest quality product is delivered to the customer by following Best Practices. Anything which negatively affects or potentially affects the quality of the product must be resolved or reported immediately. All Sales Department employees have a responsibility to take notice of any product quality or food safety issues and to inform their Supervisor immediately.
1. Responsible for data analysis of category sales management of various accounts evaluating profitability of a program as it relates to established goals.
2. Evaluates private label program in relation to store sales growth.
3. Conducts competitive sales analysis.
4. Assists with pre-plans by account for holidays and promotions, modeling sales forecasts at different price points.
5. May aid in the development of the budget process.
6. Prepares reports as needed by the department. Develops custom designed reports based on information requested.
7. Provides basic summary of analysis.
8. Performs accurate and timely reporting by maintaining information in electronic and/or hard copy format, as required.
9. Responsible to seek understanding of communications by clearly expressing facts and asking follow-up questions.
10. Trains/retrains as required by company training guidelines (i.e. annual GMPT).
11. Assists other employees when possible.
12. Does not change job procedures without authorization from Supervisor.
13. Performs all other related assignments and training of other employees as required.
14. The above job description is not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for each job, and subject to change to meet the needs of Gold Medal Bakery or its customers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be capable of exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, with occasional walking and standing.
2. Mental and visual ability typical of administrative and computer data entry, review and interpretation is required. Must have minimum visual ability to prepare and analyze data and figures such as from a computer terminal/screen and to perform extensive reading and visual inspection
3. Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must have ability to do algebraic calculations such as would be required in computer applications
4. Must be capable of moving up and down building stairways in a multi-level plant to complete various job assignments. Tasks require reaching, walking, fingering, talking and hearing, and manual dexterity for data entry.
5. Must be capable of understanding complex instructions regarding sales analysis and computer utilization.
6. Must be able to read and understand various instruction manuals Excellent communication and analytical skills are required to take direction from different managers on a regular basis and responding to unique and individualized requests.
7. Works inside, protected from weather conditions, in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust, etc. Normal indoor lighting. Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
8. Work is performed in a typical office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Preparation and Training
- Courses in Management, Sales, or Business preferred.
- Proficiency is required in a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office (Must have strong proficiency in MS Excel for Windows).
- Strong writing ability is needed to prepare reports pertaining to data analysis.
No specific work experience is necessary, except for solid work history. Experience preparing analytical reports preferred. Experience using computer systems is required.
A high level of analytical ability is required in order to interpret requests, prepare report, and analyze information.
Independent Judgment And Consequence Of Errors
Independent judgment is often required. Must possess the ability to work independently and manage multiple data requests simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and good turnaround time. The consequence of errors is significant as sales management decisions will be made based on Sales Analyst reports generated.
Contact With Others
Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of the sales department relating to marketing and sales analysis.
Work Of Others
No responsibility for the work of others.
Personal/Employee and Food Safety
1. Follows company policy to ensure safe work habits and conditions for employee. Responsible for following all safety programs and procedures. Maintains a high state of safety awareness, including:
1. Observes proper lifting technique.
2. Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways.
3. Is alert to condition of walking surface and other people in order to prevent possible collision or accidents.
2. Is at all times cognizant of food quality and safety. If any problem (or potential problem) arises, resolves immediately or elevates to supervision immediately or in a timely fashion, depending on severity and nature of problem.
- Job Family
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator
- Travel Required
- Required Education
- Job Start Date
Monday, April 12, 2021