New job Safety Technician in Kentucky
Company : Chugach Government Solutions
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the standard for first-class business services in the global market, and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, and more!
Serves as Safety Technician on Ascension Island reporting up through the QC/Safety Manager on the ROS Contract.
Essential Duties Job Functions
- Perform safety inspections; conduct follow-up, perform re-inspections where necessary and report findings to Management.
- Accompany 45th Space Wing Safety representatives on Audits/Inspections.
- Perform routine audits and inspections as directed by Management to ensure compliance with applicable plans and procedures.
- Prepare documentation and reports that identify discrepancies and depict level of performance related to Safety.
- Provide assistance in the identification of root causes and corrective actions for discrepancies identified during performance of Safety inspections; assist in the monitoring of effectiveness and timeliness of corrective actions.
- Maintain training database, organize and maintain training files, and assist Management with scheduling and preparation of materials with respect to training activities.
- Collect Near Miss submissions and submit to QC/Safety Manager for input.
- Follow up on any Near Miss or Accidents on station.Suggest corrective actions and carry out corrective actions per management directive.
- Order specialty PPE for individuals on island as needed.
- Ensure all required training is up to date for Wolf Creek employees on Ascension.Advise Management of any upcoming required training requirements.
- Facilitate Safety Council Meetings.
- Facilitate Safety Training courses and refreshers.
- Performs a variety of associated duties as assigned through coordination between Station Manager, Quality Control/Safety Manager and Environmental Health.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Skill in the use of common office machinery.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform duties in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to adhere to contract requirements, company policies, and all safety and health regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience working in remote environment.
- Capable of effectively communicating both orally and in writing.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate necessary computer skills that provide capability for using menu driven software as well as word processing, spreadsheet and data software.
- Must be willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam to live and work on Ascension Island where there is limited medical facilities available.
- Must be able to pass a background screening which includes obtaining and maintaining a National Agency Check with inquiries, NACi.
- Must have a valid driver license and current passport.
- Possess organizational skills that provide capability for efficient performance of assigned tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two (2) years combined experience in safety.
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
ASCENSION ISLAND, SH