New job Safety Coordinator in Oklahoma
Company : Webstaurant Store, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oklahoma
The Safety Supervisor will facilitate all safety related training, team discussion, and planning to ensure that the distribution center maintains a safe and productive workplace. He/she will ensure the correct documentation and reporting of all safety related incidents, and will develop and recommend policies to promote workplace safety. The Safety Supervisor will advise the operations management team of safety issues, and act as the primary liaison with the Corporate Safety Coordinator. The Safety Supervisor may perform additional tasks as needed.
- Conduct and supervise safety related training for new hire onboarding, HAZMAT compliance, safe lifting practices, first aid, emergency response, and general safe workplace practices.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all powered lift equipment, first aid, and HAZMAT training, to include organized record of all employee certifications as required for their function.
- Perform remedial training and scheduled sustainment training in coordination with each warehouse department manager.
- Organize the employee safety committee and conduct monthly committee meetings.
- Perform routine safety inspections throughout the property to ensure compliance with all relevant government regulations.
- Communicate with government agencies such as OSHA, as needed.
- Meet regularly with warehouse operations management, and maintain effective coordination of activities with operations management through face to face, telephone, and email communication.
- Participate in prompt, thorough investigations of all safety incidents, identifying causes and recommending actions for eliminating safety risks and preventing future incidents.
- Aid department managers in documentation of safety incidents and performance of drug testing as required to maintain a Drug Free Workplace.
- Coordinate an on-call schedule with operations management to respond to off-shift incidents.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong, professional written and oral communication
- Detailed knowledge of occupational hazards and safe workplace practices
- Lead with confidence in safety-related areas; address issues promptly and directly
- A vision for a safety culture among the warehouse employees
- A passion for training others on safety topics
- Personal commitment to maintaining a clean and organized workplace
- Ability to produce results by deadlines set forth by the 854 management team