New job Resident Guide I - Resident Services in Alaska
Resident Guide I - Resident Services
Company : Providence
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
Providence is calling a Resident Guide I/Nursing Assistant (Resident Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Horizon House in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate understanding of and carry out individual resident care according to the philosophy and mission of Providence Health & Services, Providence Horizon House, Eden philosophy, and the Resident Service Agreement.
- Assist residents with personal care functions including: dental and mouth care, bathing, dressing and grooming, hair care, nail care, shaving, bowel and bladder care, and other personal and hygiene care.
- Measure and records vital signs, weights, bowel records, and other required documentation clearly.
- Report changes observed in residents to the Nurse in a timely manner.
- Communicate with coworkers at all levels to meet needs of residents.
- Assist with and/or perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as outlined and assigned by the service agreement and Physical Therapy providers.
- Assist with transporting of residents and participating with activities as needed.
- Assist with moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist with transporting residents to Dining Room and/or serving meals, and other nutritional snacks per Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) guidelines and stated preferences of the resident.
- Be responsible for following all food safety rules, and monitoring refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Keep all areas of Horizon House clean, performing routine housekeeping duties.
- Make occupied and unoccupied beds and change bed linens.
- Launder clothing, linen and other articles.
Required qualification for this position include:
- Certification in first aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 4 months of hire
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 6 months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private caregiver
About Horizon House
Horizon House is an assisted living community where most residents have more autonomy than in a long term care facility. There are 60 apartments and two cottages; some with double rooms. The homelike atmosphere and two outdoor garden areas make for a pleasant atmosphere for residents and staff alike.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 291002