New job Registrar in Michigan
Company : Beaumont Hospital Wayne
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
Under the direction of the Patient Access Registration Front Line Manager, the Acute Care Hospital Registrar 1 is accountable to ensure a smooth timely registration/admission process by obtaining accurate individual demographic, clinical and insurance data; collecting co-pay/deductible, residual and prior balances, perform initial financial screening on all self-pay & out of network patients and then referring them to the Financial Advisors as necessary while providing optimal customer satisfaction; reception; and provides patient way finding as required.
- Greet customers promptly with a warm and friendly reception. Direct patients to appropriate setting, explaining and apologizing for any delays. Maintain professionalism and diplomacy at all times, following specific standards as defined in the department professionalism policy. Register patients for each visit type and admit type and area of service via EPIC (Electronic Medical Record- EMR). Collects and documents all required demographic and financial information. Appropriately activates converts and discharges visits on EPIC.
- Accurately and efficiently performs registration and financial functions to include: Thorough interviewing techniques, registers patients in appropriate status, following registration guidelines while ensuring the accurate and timely documentation of demographic and financial data; obtains the appropriate forms and scans into the medical record as per department protocol.
- Scrutinize patient insurance(s), identifies the correct insurance plan, selects appropriately from the EPIC and documents correct insurance order. Applies recurring visit processing according to protocol. May facilitate use of electronic registration tools where available (Kiosks, etc.).
- Verify patient information with third party payers. Collect insurance referrals and documents on EPIC. Communicate with patients and physician/office regarding authorization/referral requirements. Obtain financial responsibility forms or completed electronic forms with patients as necessary.
- Review/obtain/witness hospital consent forms, and Notice of Privacy Practices with patient/family. Screen outpatient visits for medical necessity. Provide cost estimates. Collects and documents Advance Directive information, educating and providing information as necessary. Collects and documents Medicare Questionnaire, issue Medicare Inpatient Letter & Medicare Off-site Notifications as required by Government mandates. Scan appropriate documents. Manage all responsibilities within Compliance guidelines as outlined in the Hospital and Department Compliance Plans and in accordance with Meaningful Use requirements.
- Financial Advocacy: Screen all patients self-pay & out of network patients using the EPIC tools. Provide information for follow up and referral to the Financial Advisor as appropriate. Initiate payment plans and obtain payment, Informs and explains to patients/families all applicable government and private funding programs and other cash payment plans or discounts. Incorporates POS (point of service) collection processes into their daily functions
- May issue receipts and complete cash balance sheets in specified areas where appropriate. Utilize audits and controls to manage cash accurately and safely.
- Transcribe written physician orders, communicating with physician/office staff as necessary to clarify. Determine & document ICD-10 codes. Performs medical necessity check and issue ABN as appropriate for Medicare primary outpatients. Note: excluding lab-only outpatients effective September.
- Affix wristbands to patients, prepare patient charts. Manage/prepare miscellaneous reports, schedules and paperwork. Maintain inventory of supplies.
- May facilitate scheduling in identified areas for ancillary testing.
- Mark duplicates Medical Records for merge: identify potential duplicate records to determine that the past and current records are truly the same. Utilize all system resources and contact patient if necessary.
- May act as a preceptor to a newer staff member.
- Maintains or exceed the department specific individual productivity standards, collection targets, quality audit scores for accuracy productivity, collection and standards for registrations/insurance verifications.
- Provide excellent service to our clinical and “downstream” departments and physicians as users of our registration services. Contribute to process improvement activities to support an efficient patient and process flow.
- Clerical duties including i.e., typing, filing, mailing, calling patients to form groups or to obtain case history, copying, faxing, receiving payments and funding applications.
- Maintains or exceeds the Beaumont Customer Service Standards: Service, Ownership, Attitude, and Respect. Provide every customer with a seamless, flawless Beaumont experience.
- Remain compliant with regular TB testing & Flu vaccination per Hospital requirements.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, management or other related fields preferred. Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, EPIC, Electronic Eligibility System and various websites for third party payers for verification is preferred.
- 1 year experience in a customer service role or health care industry.
- Completed initial department training program, initial preceptor and supervisor led Department training program (approximately 1 week) with minimum score of 85% on competency testing/evaluation by preceptor or supervisor. Completion of supervisor and preceptor-led training (4-6 weeks) with a minimum score of 85% on competency testing or by maintaining department set productivity and quality standards. Proficient in medical terminology and has assimilated the proficient typing requirements (30 words/min).
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS APPLY NOW
CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLY NOW