New job Reference Data, Instrument Pricing, Associate in Delaware
Reference Data, Instrument Pricing, Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Instrument, Pricing & Common Reference Data is an operating unit centre of excellence providing a global asset pricing service to multiple lines of business across J.P. Morgan as one of its three core offerings.
The Index Calculation Agent team in Warsaw is responsible for the daily pricing of fixed income instruments included in the JP Morgan's global fixed income flagship benchmarks, covering both developed and emerging markets. The team manages data used for daily and monthly index operations, client reporting and publication generation. The team is also responsible for tracking market events, affecting bond price movements.
The team interacts daily with the Global Index Research Group, a part of the JP Morgan Corporate Investment Banking Research, across its global footprint (in New York, London and Asia) to ensure that the index processes, requests and systems are operating efficiently. Functions performed by the wider team in CIB include: Fixed Income market research to produce robust cutting-edge benchmark products and custom solutions for institutional investors and ETF providers, across the globe; Client interaction for strategic queries on index products; Commercialization of index services and analytical tools to buy-side clients and vendors; Implementation of new index analytics tools and platform for better client service.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
Daily third-party price capture & validation of bond prices in a fund accounting, Custody or Market business.
- Analyse price movements against market news and expectations
- Liaise with pricing vendor to resolve issues and minimize risk
- Monitor systems for related job success and resolve issues by working with technology teams
- Prepare and send daily pricing and market impact summaries with supporting market news
- Generate and maintain month-end Index rebalance and composition reports by garnering information on new bond issuance and auction/buy-back activities
- Produce and analyse valuation movements within client portfolios on a daily and monthly basis
- Complete all daily, monthly, and ad-hoc tasks and reporting as required accurately and to deadline
- Resolve client (Global Index Research Group) queries promptly and professionally
- Participate and present in client monthly meetings
- Escalate all issues promptly and effectively to supervisor
- Contribute to ongoing developments of the pricing control process
- Ad-hoc project work as directed
- 2-3 years of experience in Fixed Income, Fund Valuation, Pricing or other related roles
- Demonstrate an understanding and interest in stocks, bonds, options, and financial markets and products
- Knowledge of industry activities - particularly corporate actions, index benchmarking, stock markets and fixed income products
- Pricing vendor knowledge, i.e. Pricing Direct, Bloomberg, Reuters
- MS Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-look ups
- Mathematical mindset demonstrating strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and interact across departments
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong database/SQL knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and time series data a plus
- Demonstrate customer focus and follow-up skills
- The role holder will be required to operate in shift work environment, including a rotation with late working hours (expected 12am -20 pm)
- Bachelor degree with preference in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans