New job Records Specialist 1 SCI Houtzdale in Pennsylvania
Records Specialist 1 SCI Houtzdale
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $35,364 - $52,773 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Do you have an interest in the para-legal field? This could be the job for you! The Department of Corrections, State Correctional Institution at Houtzdale is seeking a highly motivated Records Specialist 1 to join our team!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Full-time employment - 37.5 hour work week.
- Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 30 minute lunch.
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 60 or 65.
The Records Specialist 1 is assigned to the Records Office and maintains accurate, up-to-date DC-15 master files by: analyzing court documents to create and/or revise sentence structures and sentence calculations; reviewing time periods identified as commitment credit to determine if the credit is legal and should be applied; revising sentence calculations when changes are made by the court or PA Parole Board; updating and reviewing inmate criminal histories; conducting one-on-one interviews with inmates for various reasons and communicating with various criminal justice agencies regarding inmates.
The Records Specialist 1 scrutinizes inmate cases assigned to his/her caseload prior to release to ensure that the release is legal, timely, and that the inmate has met all requirements for release. They also register and fingerprint sex offenders under Megan's Law and fingerprint parole violators.
The ideal Records Specialist 1 will possess: advanced typing skills, above average attention to detail, good communication skills, and the ability to multi-task under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you have the required experience and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to share your skills while earning a great salary and benefits, the PA Department of Corrections at SCI Houtzdale wants to hear from you!
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Two years of clerical or correctional custodial experience, and graduation from high school or equivalent certification. College level courses may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- Communication regarding interview scheduling will be sent via email
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.