New job RECORD ASSISTANT in North Carolina
Company : Durham County
Salary : $30,915 - $55,647 a year
Location : North Carolina
Durham County Government employs approximately 1,900 employees that work towards providing needed services throughout the community. With a wide array of services, Durham County Government is at the heart of a rapidly growing and diverse area offering residents, employees and visitors exciting opportunities to live, work, grow and play. For more information about Durham County Government, visit www.dconc.gov.
April 12, 2021
April 16, 2021
The purpose of this job is to is to receive and process a wide variety of reports and records; receive requests for information in writing, over the telephone and in person; search computerized and manual filing systems; and provide copies of records. Employees in this class have considerable contact with the public, requiring the exercise of courtesy, and may work irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
This position works under close to general supervision according to set procedures but determines how or when to complete tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
Answers incoming calls, e-mails, faxes, and voicemails.
- Checks paper files for completeness of included information. Make changes as needed and file paperwork per departmental policy.
- Run background checks in the county of Durham. Receives, enters, updates and tracks warrants in electronic records systems.
- Registers sex offender into the Sex Offender database.
- Fingerprint members of the public for employment, background checks, concealed permits and expungements. Fingerprint applicants for the Sheriff's Office/Detention Center.
- Enters protective orders into records systems and forwards orders to the field for serving.
- Enters traffic stop data, citations, and arrest reports into records systems.
- Researches and completes requests for copies of reports, criminal/driver history and court proceedings.
- Establishes and maintains records and files in accordance with applicable laws, policies, regulations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by six (6) months of experience in customer service or general office assistance; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations.
Unavoidable Hazards (Work Environment):
Special Certifications and Licenses:
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
Durham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires Durham County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer