New job Receptionist in Alexander City, AL 35010
Company : Bill Nichols Veteran Home
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alexander City, AL 35010
To operate the telephone system and perform clerical support, both in an efficient manner in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer telephone and route calls promptly. Take and disseminate messages when necessary. Respond to inquiries in a courteous manner.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepare outgoing courier mail each day for overnight courier service.
- Order mail supplies and express shipment supplies as needed (including postage and packaging materials, air bills and envelopes/boxes as needed).
- Prepare outgoing company material upon request: copy, collate, bind and mail.
- File and retrieve records and correspondence.
- Greet visitors and notify pertinent individuals.
- Ensure that necessary equipment and administrative supplies are available and in good working order.
- Use office supplies in an efficient manner to avoid waste.
- Assist with administrative duties as directed (i.e. typing reports, correspondence, filing, etc.).
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- As assigned, including some week-ends, evenings and Holidays.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas.
- Most of the work is performed indoors
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- May be exposed to bodily fluids, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; implements or office equipment; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Collect information through observation, listening, touching, and smelling.
- Must have auditory ability sufficient to monitor and assess
- Job requires regular sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, writing, and carrying charts, food, trays, etc.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may be required to move chairs, beds, and medical equipment.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Safety, Sanitation and Infection Controls
- Assure the assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Assure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are observed.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Follow established safety policies and procedures.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
- Report any accident/incident to your supervisor no matter how minor.
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have at least (2) year’s experience as a secretary or receptionist.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in stressful situations and to read and understand written and verbal instructions.
- Pleasant telephone voice and in-person manner required.
- Requires common sense, good judgment and a detailed approach to work on assignments and projects that are routine in nature.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of computers, input/output/retrieval data, etc.
- Must function independently and have the ability to work effectively with other personnel.