New job Ramp Service Agents ( ANC Full Time) in Alaska
Ramp Service Agents ( ANC Full Time)
Company : Pegasus
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC, an Akima Company, is headquartered at Anchorage Int’l Airport in Alaska, the preeminent International Cargo crossroad for Transpacific Freighter activity. Pegasus serves the global aviation industry Domestic and International Passenger and Freighter Airlines and has an established reputation for quality aviation services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Ramp Service Agents (RSA) are responsible for marshalling aircraft in the gate, loading, unloading and sorting freight and baggage. RSA’s are also responsible for servicing aircraft lavatories, potable water, push back aircraft from the gate, deicing and other duties as delegated.
The RSA position is a support services position whose work routine is established and follows a set of procedures. It generally functions under close supervisory direction or guidance of the Customer Service Reps, Supervisors, or Ramp Managers.
- Marshall aircraft on the ramp (includes directing, assisting and parking all arriving, departing and towed aircraft)Service aircraft as needed including:
- lavatory service
- water service
- cabin cleaning
- other services as needed
- Aircraft de-icing / anti-icing
- Crew shuttle
- Loading and unloading of aircraft baggage and cargo
- Perform safe and efficient operations of all ground service equipment
- Responsible for maintaining safety and security of aircraft
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather
- Good communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- High School graduate or GED
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, team player
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
- Prior Ramp Service experience
- De-ice Service experience
- Forklift Operator
- Possess a valid Driver’s License preferred
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: Moderate.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
RSA’s routinely work outside for a portion and are exposed to all types of weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and time of day. Use of provided hearing protection or acceptable alternative is required.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.