New job Quality Engineer in North Haven, CT
Company : C. Cowles & Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : North Haven, CT
Cowles Operating Company is seeking a hands-on Quality Engineer to plan, develop and improve processes, using Lean
Manufacturing Principles combined with an in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing.
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Engineering, this hands-on Quality Engineer would
recommend, implement and maintain quality assurance of the production process & products of our North Haven facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains quality standards & objectives in accordance with corporate policies and goals.
- Assists management in establishing and tracking Quality Metrics for each of the Division.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and
- Manage and coordinate all daily functions of Quality.
- Maintains Customer Complaint Notice log and overseas root cause analysis, proper documentation and issues
- Interfaces with Customer Quality personnel relative to our quality program and maintains a good working
- Assist sales and engineering with team customer support as required.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Work with Engineering to develop measurement metrics for all new parts
- Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned
product or component.
Maintain Quality Process
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance, including vendor quality manuals
- Work with Production management to ensure control plans are followed and procedures and manuals are updated
- Develops new process improvements to solve problems requested by management or identified during quality
- Maintain and keep current In Warranty Analysis database. Provide management quarterly and annual analysis of
- Work with Engineering to reduce failures on higher quantity of in warranty failed products.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods where specified for analyzing data to evaluate the current
- Hands on experience in finding root cause by collecting data of the actual process and organizing it in a manner
that a team from manufacturing, engineering and quality can brainstorm and identify the root cause. Ability to
validate and monitor implemented solution.
- Assists production management in directing workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure
- Where applicable, maintain certification records of measurement equipment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Establish and monitor incoming inspection results of incoming product
- Establish with engineering and manufacturing incoming inspection process for new vendors and or products.
- For certified vendors, establisher relationship with supplier quality personnel and from time to time conduct site
visits to verify process. Initiate Supplier Development programs where necessary.
Additional Skills: Enthusiastic team player, self-organized, exhibit a sense of urgency, organized, planning and time
management skills, excellent problem solving skills, ownership ability to seek out answers and works in a safe manner.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from four-year College or University; or a minimum of
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid
holidays, life insurance, currently a 40% match up to 5% 401(k) plan, and more.
Please submit your resume by email to email@example.com or send to C. Cowles & Company, Attention Human
Resources, 126 Bailey Road, North Haven, CT 06473 or fax 1-203-764-1713.
Cowles Operating Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled