New job QA Analyst in Oak Brook, IL
Company : Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oak Brook, IL
The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) provides death, disability, and pension retirement benefits to employees of local governments and school districts in Illinois (with the exception of the City of Chicago and Cook County). As is the second largest—and best funded—statewide public pension system in Illinois, IMRF serves approximately 2,900 municipal employers in the State. We are an award-winning organization, located in Oak Brook. IMRF is looking for top talent, for a direct hire opportunity that is benefit eligible. If you are passionate about coding and meet the requirements, we want to hear from you.
Responsible for analyzing and testing both internal and external-facing enterprise application, both new and existing applications, to uncover any potential defects or issues that could cause system reliability or information quality issues. This position will be a part of the Enterprise Business Solutions Department and will work closely with developers to ensure that business needs are supported by innovative, adaptive, and reliable applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and test application functionality to ensure the applications are free of defects.
- Understand business requirements to ensure that the delivered application meets the needs of the customer.
- Create and execute testing scripts to identify application defects.
- Conduct system tests to ensure cross-platform integration.
- Partner with delivery team to resolve open issues and retest functionality.
- Proactively and urgently communicate issues impacting application release.
- Continuously suggest new testing tools and ways to decrease testing time and effort.
- Track testing activities and complete daily reports.
- Act as one of the final decision maker on application readiness for production implementation.
- Work within an approved testing methodology, tracking functionality and defect cases.
- Be involved with technology forums and industry user groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors’ degree with a minimum of 16 credit hours in computer science (programming, testing, quality, or related subjects)
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years’ experience in testing secure external web applications, with experience in:
- Application requirements
- Business process analysis
- Quality tools that manage and track defects (e.g. HP Quality)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with mobile applications and load testing is a plus
- Generous insurance benefits, including medical and dental
- 35 hour base work week, Monday - Friday
- Death, disability, and pension retirement benefits as a member of IMRF
- Paid vacation, 12 paid holidays and 2 personal days
- Business casual attire
- Award-winning organizational approach to performance excellence