New job Public Information Officer in Arizona
Public Information Officer
Company : Maricopa County, AZ
Salary : $57,200 - $86,528 a year
Location : Arizona
About the Position
The Public Information Officer a broad range of advanced-level professional communications work including, planning, preparation, and implementation of department public relations and information programs. The Officer has a high level of interaction with local and national media and provides information to various agencies, organizations, and citizens at large about the work of the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office. The Officer is responsible for performing the highest-level professional communications work of a broad, diverse, and complex nature, exercising independent management of daily projects and deadlines.
About the Office of the County Attorney
We believe in integrity. We believe in justice for all. And we are proud to deliver high-quality prosecution, comprehensive victims’ services, crime prevention programs, and more to the residents of Maricopa County. If you would like to utilize your talents and skills to stand up for Maricopa County, apply today, and join our team!
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a closely related field
- Three (3) years of professional-level experience in journalism, public relations, or communications position
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License at time of hire
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Advanced writing and public speaking skills
- Experience working with media deadlines
Essential Job Tasks
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
- Acts on behalf of Communications Director in their absence
- Serves as media relations spokesperson for the department
- Communicates with division and bureau chiefs in providing guidance and assistance by responding to media inquiries and communicating about high-profile cases to the public
- Writes news releases, newsletter articles, key messages on a variety of topics related to the work of the department and the criminal justice system
- Establishes and maintains contact with community groups and County officials to meet the department's public outreach goals and needs
- Assists with the execution of special events, including news conferences, ceremonial events, and other community awareness activities
- Contacts and works with representatives of other agencies, both public and private, concerning departmental services and activities
- Develops content and ensures information listed on department social media sites and web site(s) is relevant, accurate, informative, and current
- May direct the work of staff
Office setting in high volume, fast-paced environment with frequent stressful situations. Requires long periods of sitting while completing paperwork and computer activities. Must have the ability to travel to and from various County locations for meetings, trainings, and to deal with various HR issues. Ability to move up to 20 pounds.
The Maricopa County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates considered to be the most highly qualified. Those selected will be assessed based on the evaluation of listed education and experience. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a list provided by Human Resources.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to the midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.