New job Proposal Specialist in New Jersey
Company : Rowan University
Salary : From $49,932 a year
Location : New Jersey
The Proposal Specialist works at the Stratford campus Office of Sponsored Programs and reports to the Director of Pre-Award. This person will be responsible for assisting faculty and staff in the preparation of federal, state, and other grant applications and budgets. Additionally, the Proposal Specialist will ensure all compliance regulations and university policies/procedures are followed while preparing grant applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all proposals prior to submission to federal, state, local, and private funding sources to ensure compliance with all policies and regulations
- Assemble proposal packages by supplying/filling out forms, inputting institutional data, and securing internal institutional approvals
- Assist with preparing grant budgets, including initial development and (if needed) re-budgeting to accommodate modifications, increases, or decreases in available funds prior to award
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to faculty/staff for pre-award and non-financial post-award issues (i.e. seeking answers from funders)
- Maintain expertise in university and federal/state private agencies’ regulations and policies including familiarity with 2 CFR Part 200 and stay up to date on new laws affecting sponsored program activities
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational abilities
- Ability to prioritize, exercise sound judgment and discretion, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Two years of related research administration or grant writing experience
- CRA or CPRA certification
- Experience using Cayuse Research Suite
- Familiarity with grant budgeting
- Familiarity with 2 CFR Part 200
Salary: Minimum is $49,931.51
Note: Only completed online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.