New job Proposal Development Specialist in Oregon
Proposal Development Specialist
Company : Oregon Tech
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research and Academic Affairs oversees Sponsored Projects and Grants as well as monitoring research opportunities for the two University colleges.
Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) seeks an experienced, innovative, and collaborative professional in the area of proposal development to further expand its research program by securing federal, state and/or private grant funding.
This position is responsible for collaborating with faculty, staff and the Oregon Tech Foundation in identifying public and private funding opportunities in support of Oregon Tech’s existing initiatives and strategic goals as well as faculty creative endeavors. Part of the duties of this position includes synergistically identifying private and public funding sources, liaising with primary investigators in proposal preparation that meets the grantee’s criteria, identifying and implementing strategies that help to increase the likelihood of success in receiving funding and critically reviewing and editing of scientific, technical and development proposals to increase the competitiveness of the grant application.
This position reports to the Vice Provost for Research and Academic Affairs and will be housed within the Office of the Vice Provost. The incumbent will collaborate with the Director of Sponsored Projects and Grants as well as members of the Oregon Tech Foundation to expand and enhance Oregon Tech’s presence in the applied research arena.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience in proposal development and expanding funding opportunities, or an equivalent education and technical writing experience.
- Possess a GPC, CGW or CGMS certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with funding opportunity databases;
- Competency in navigating and submitting grants using funding agencies’ online submission portals;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently and produce quality work with minimal supervision;
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal funding opportunities and/or proven track record in securing new public and private funding opportunities;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation tools, etc.);
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and with tight time constraints.
Job Type: Full-time