New job Program Liaison in Montana
Company : Montana State University
Salary : $42,000 - $52,000 a year
Location : Montana
MilTech is a DOD and DHS Partnership Intermediary with the mission to accelerate the transition of new technology to the U.S. warfighter. See http://www.montana.edu/miltech/ for further information.
- Act as primary resource for general program operational inquiries and information, and as reporting liaison for specific MilTech projects with military, DHS, and DOD Laboratory customers, ensuring proper reporting of activities, metrics, and results to the DOD or DHS customer and others as required.
- Proactively maintain metrics, project status reports, project proposals and abstracts, contract vehicles, budget documents, and partnerships.
- Communicate revenue and expense allocation to the appropriate project index and provide monthly reports back to the customer.
- Effectively communicate requirements to key stakeholders as required by MilTech Engineers and Operations Team.
- Help oversee and manage project schedules, coordinating with the MilTech Operations team, Solutions Engineers, Field Engineers, and other government and civilian partners.
- Coordinate with MilTech, MSU, and external personnel to procure the necessary supplies, goods, and services in accordance with applicable State and Federal guidelines to ensure successful delivery of MilTech projects.
- Positively represent the MilTech program, capabilities, contract vehicles, and industry relationships.
- Comply at all times with the MilTech Confidentiality Agreement governing non-disclosure of information encountered in the course of your duties, and the MilTech Technology Control Plan governing security and work controls. Both agreements will be signed by each employee and will remain in effect for the duration of MilTech employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience .
- Prior project liaison experience coordinating internal and external resources, including product and service vendors, to meet operational customer needs.
- Prior experience maintaining and reporting project, program or supplier/vendor data, and communication of relevant information to internal and external sources.
- Prior experience developing and submitting reports and proposals.
- Demonstrated applicable experience using computer applications to generate formal business communication and reports for multiple stakeholders; creating and maintaining spreadsheets with complex data; developing PowerPoint or similar presentations for internal and external clients.
- Prior experience facilitating the procurement of goods and services for a DOD, Federal, or State entity, including drafting contracts, invitations for bid, and requests for proposal.
- Experience managing complex budgets and reporting in Excel or similar software program.
- Experience working for a small manufacturing company.
- Represent MilTech in a professional manner when interacting with clients, internal and external personnel.
- Work successfully within all relevant MSU purchasing, financial reporting, metric reporting, and travel regulations.
- Possess effective listening and communications skills (written and verbal).
- Establish and develop effective professional relationships.
- Effectively collaborate with MilTech, MSU, DOD, DHS, government, civilian, internal and external personnel to accomplish multiple operational goals.
Position is located in Bozeman, Montana, and is contingent upon continuation of grant funding.
This position may require the ability to obtain a Security Clearance, pass the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Suitability requirements to obtain DHS security credentials, and/or meet other government-defined restrictions appropriate for work level and access. Other security-related requirements requirements will include receiving favorable background checks by state and federal agencies pursuant to federal law and regulations.
This position requires ability to travel when necessary to interact with DOD customers, including travel throughout the Continental United States as well as Alaska, Hawaii, U.S territories and possessions, and possibly other worldwide locations.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Screening of applications will begin on April 7, 2021 however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; email@example.com .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: http://www.montana.edu/hr/disability_accommodation/complaints_grievances.html .